- Consumers UnionWeb Strategist and Developer, 12 - presentI develop and manage advocacy websites.
- Polycot AssociatesPrincipal, 2007 - present
- Polycot ConsultingCEO, 2001 - 2007
- IGS, Inc.Senior Project Manager, 2000 - 2001
- Whole Foods MarketWeb Project Manager, Online Community Director, Director of Web Technology, 1996 - 2000
- Electric MindsForum Host
- HotWiredElectronic Frontiers Forum Host
- FringeWare, Inc.CEO, 1991 - 1994
- Texas Department of Human ServicesProject Manager, Business Analyst, 1974 - 1995
- Social Web StrategiesPrincipal, 2006 - 2010
I'm an Internet maven and evangelist. I sometimes write about culture, technology, media, and the future. Read my blog at http://weblogsky.com.
I'm CEO, web strategist and developer at Polycot Associates, a web development co-op.
From a bio:
"A respected Internet pioneer, he was involved in seminal online communties and advocacy organizations including the WELL, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, EFF-Austin, HotWired, Electric Minds, Global Internet Liberty Coalition, and many others. He was cofounder of an early online community-based company/culture hack, FringeWare, Inc. An early blogger and social web thought leader. he was involved in discussions leading to "web 2.0" and the current revolutionary advances in social technology. He's logged over 20,000 hours of website development since the 1990s."
- St. Edward's University
- University of Texas