- D8A Group/MetaLayerFounder, 2011 - presentD8A Group ("data group") builds products that make it easy to derive trends, patterns, and predictive analytics from social media conversations. We provide online surveillance tools for the purposes of humanitarian response, public safety, civic engagement and municipal planning.
- AppfricaFounder, 2008 - presentAppfrica is a firm founded in 2008 in Kampala, Uganda which helps the world's leading multinational organizations and technology firms enter African markets. Appfrica offers creative program design, market research and technical solutions, in addition to offering regional talent and support in over 16 Sub-Saharan African countries.
- UshahidiDirector, 2009 - 2011Ushahidi is a non-profit technology company that makes data collection and mapping tools for disaster response. SwiftRiver was a platform for analyzing and verifying streams of information.
I am a designer, software developer, and technologist working at the intersection of data science and global development. I'm the Founder of D8A Group which makes online surveillance products for cities, public safety organizations, and governments around the globe.
As the Founder of Appfrica, I help the world's leading technology companies enter African markets. We invest and raise awareness about the many issues related to financing early stage African technology entrepreneurs to help them create jobs and prosperity for Africa.
- Savannah College of Art and DesignDesign
- University of GeorgiaFilm