I’d asked Reed how he justified using a fiction (race) to measure reality (body shape). Reed responded that while, yes, race was a social construct, because people tended to think about themselves in predictable ways in relation to racial labels, race could still yield solid information.
Hello, Crafty Friends!! It's Spring!! And that means green grass growing, birds chirping, flowers blooming, and bunnies... yup, bunnies... bunnies hopping!! You know what that means... The EASTER BUNNY is coming!! And I made these a quick and easy Mini East...
- Germania InsuranceHelp Desk Technician, 2007 - 2014Monitors environmental conditions in 7 server and switch closets Monitors and troubleshoots the hospital's CDP backup system First responder for all the hardware and software issues for the nearly 300 Dell workstations and laptops Conducts hardware procurement, installation, troubleshooting, and replacement to include optical drives, hard disc drives, RAM, motherboards, et cetera
- Research Analysis and MaintenanceNetwork Security Analyst, 2004 - 2006FT Shafter Honolulu, Hawaii (2004-2006) Monitors network health, operations, and security for the Army for the Pacific Theater (Hawaii, Alaska, Japan, Okinawa, and Guam). Communicated with customers to resolve problems with Windows 2K, Microsoft Exchange, and Outlook 2K. First line of customer service to the Army Pacific Theater. Handles tier one troubleshooting. Overhauled numerous written Training Tactics & Procedures which increased troubleshooting accuracy and measurably improved workflow. Tracked network, e-mail, and web issues in Remedy which resulted in problems being solved in an accurate and timely manner.
- CompUSATechnology Instructor, 2000 - 2004CompUSA Honolulu Hawaii (2000-2004) Conducts training for classes ranging in size from 3-35 trainees in the areas of computer use, and personal technology. Improved trainees' skills in Microsoft products, increasing their efficiency and marketability. Planned and prepared one-on-one training for local Hawaii businesses, resulting in a more organized office environment, and an increased knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. Provided training in HTML and Macromedia Dreamweaver. Made it possible for small businesses to save money by creating/maintaining their own websites.
- SMF Systems Technology CorporationTrainer, 2002 - 2004SMF Systems Acquisition, Inc. Hickam AFB Hawaii (2002-2004) Provided training and instructional materials. Designed a tailor-made Microsoft SMS course for the Hickam AFB Network Operations Center. This course clarified the duties and responsibilities of the Network Operations Center personnel. Formulated long-range training goals Configured a networked classroom from existing computers and equipment which was then used for technology training for Air Force personnel.
- US NavyNaval Instructor, 1997 - 2002United States Military, Navy Pearl Harbor Hawaii (1997-2002) Conceptualized and designed training and instructional materials for US and Foreign Navies. Overhauled and updated the Submarine Fleet Mission Program Library course to more closely reflect the latest in hardware and software changes in the Pacific Fleet. Formulated long-range training goals that ensured the submarine fleet stayed up-to-date in oceanography and underwater sonar tactics. Assisted with the design, development, and construction of a networked classroom from existing computers and equipment which was then used for technology training for US and Foreign Navies. Provided instruction to the Japanese, Australian, and Korean Navies. Communicated effectively across cultural lines. Designed and developed a kiosk at the front entrance to the Naval Training Center which displayed updated classroom assignments and directions to classrooms and labs. Wrote the HTML pages and modified the Internet Explorer web browser.
- USS COLUMBIA SSN771Combat Systems Training Administrator, 1997 - 1999USS COLUMBIA SSN 771 Pearl Harbor Hawaii (1997-1999) Planned, coordinated, and directed personnel training for a department of 25 individuals. Formulated long range training plans and goals. Conducted testing; tracked the results in an Excel spreadsheet to ensure that training goals were consistently met or exceeded. Education: US Navy Instructor Training School Pearl Harbor Hawaii US Navy Curriculum Development School Pearl Harbor Hawaii Certified Internet Webmaster CompUSA Hawaii Foundations Associate CompUSA Hawaii Microsoft Office User Specialist in Word 2000 and PowerPoint 2000 CompUSA Hawaii
- LBJ High School1982 - 1984
- Brenham High School1985 - 1987
- Blinn Junior College1987 - 1989
How To Be A Happy And Successful Creative Freelancer (Or Work With One)
When talking to creative freelancers, there’s one phrase that’s often repeated: “I don’t mean to sound cheesy or cliché but…” What follows t
Anonymous collects, publishes IP addresses of alleged pedophiles
A group of hackers operating under the Anonymous banner claims to have collected the IP addresses of 190 pedophiles using a social-engineeri
Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Bluebonnets rising: A weekend full of flowers, food and fun in Brenham -...
Warm weather and generous rains foretell a prosperous spring season for bluebonnets. Wonderful news, considering last year’s rain-sapped cro
AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software ...
AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Unabhängige Tests von Anti-Viren Software.