In Australia I suspect it's because biting irony, such as in this piece from New Matilda, is the only thing that keeps coverage of the sorry state of Australian politics and the nation's depressingly parochial and ill-informed popular sentiment bearable. In the US the likes of Jon Stewart and Jon Oliver are masters of insightful satire, and it seems that many Australians are now deciding that it's better to laugh than cry too.
Could such damaging possibilities really be considered by Australia's Coalition Government!?
Thanks to all who helped make Saturday night's fundraising dinner for Nepal such a great success. The people of Castlemaine and district demonstrated their generosity and enthusiasm for lending hand to the victims of Nepal's disastrous earthquake.
We expected 60 for the 3 course Nepalese dinner and ended up having to turn people away when numbers exceeded 80. Donations are still arriving and our tally now stands at over $3,500. Here's a piece in the Bendigo Advertiser reporting on the event.
Some great parenting (and teaching) tips from Harvard psychologist Richard Weissbourd in this piece by Amy Joyce.
It seems that the label "free range" means very little in Australia. Since voluntary codes aren't working it's time for some external regulation to ensure that reasonable standards are maintained.
Couldn't stop taking photos! Here's a small sample from our family excursion to Croatia.
Amazing to think that this historic and beautiful place came under direct bombardment from Slobodan Milošević's Yugoslav Army offensive in 1991. Public relations wasn't one of Milošević's strengths, and the bombardment of this UNESCO World Heritage Site helped solidify international support for Croatia's independence.
- DET/DEECDTeacher, Consultant, Professional Developer, 2009 - present
- DWA Australia Pty LtdFounder & Sole Director, 2007 - present
- Easy2Learn Pty LtdFounder & Managing Director, 2000 - 2006
- Dataworks International LtdFounder & Managing Director, 1997 - 2001
- Dataworks Australia Pty LtdFounder & Managing Director, 1990 - 2007
- CP SoftimeManager, 1989 - 1990
- DataworksPartner, 1985 - 1990
- Dept of Ed/Ministry of EdTeacher, 1977 - 1989
- Marian College, AraratHSC
- University of BallaratDiploma of Teaching
- Monash University, ClaytonBachelor of Arts - Philosophy
- Monash University, ClaytonMaster of Educational Studies - Educational Computing
The ability to make the header different on the first page is necessary ...
Categories: Docs : Report an issue : Desktop (specify browser/OS) : The ability to make the header different on the first page is necessary
The 5 stages of climate denial are on display ahead of the IPCC report
Dana Nuccitelli: Climate contrarians appear to be running damage control in the media before the next IPCC report is published
Utter! gets a massive update with Moto X-like access to Google Now and more
Utter! is one of the best voice command/voice assistants available on Android, and it was our top pick for the app that could give you the M