If you're a science fiction/fantasy reader (and if you're following me, chances are pretty good you are), then you'll be happy to know LOCUS magazine is doing a poll to determine the greatest SF/F works of both the 20th and 21st centuries. Here's a chance to say what's good and/or influential in the genres in two separate centuries. Give it serious thought and then go and vote. The poll runs through November 30.
17 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- That's gonna be very US/UK-centric, apart from a little Lem here and there. Which is okay since SF is at most influenced by works from US & UK.Nov 27, 2012
- It makes me sad that the 21st century novel list is only around 1/3rd female writers. I do not blame Locus for this -- it's a reflection of the awards and recognition that's been granted in this century.
Interesting that the short fiction list is more balanced.Nov 27, 2012
- Also, thank you for the pointer! Should have said that first.Nov 27, 2012
- I put my vote(s) in. Thanks for the heads-up.Nov 27, 2012
- John, OT, but Redshirts is part of a one-day BOGO sale on Audible today. I just couldn't resist a book written by you, read by, parodying Star Trek. :DNov 28, 2012