- Small Business Chamber of CommerceFounder & CEO, 1727 - present
- A&W Root BeerDish Washer, 1964 - 1964Jobs listed here from earliest to latest, does not include lawn mowing, selling Christmas paper door to door, Kool-Aid stands, etc. that I did as a kid.
- Cherry Knolls Swim ClubLife Guard/ Swim Team Coach, 1965 - 1965
- Bauman's Men Clothing, Mt. Vernon, IA.Sales, 1966 - 1966
- Western Merchants Wholesale CompanyHouseware Buyer/ Personnel Manager, 1949 - 1971Bosses son. Worked after school and most summers. Worked full time from 1967, helped sell business to NMS Industries (AMEX) in 1969. When I left was managing the inplant print show, was housewares buyer, personnel manager, and treasurer.
- Snelling and SnellingPersonnel Councilor, 1971 - 1972Personnel Councilor
- Toy House DistributorsOwner, 1972 - 1974
- Campaign Communication and Consulting CompanyResearcher, 1975 - 1976Assist with political campaign for US Congress.
- Clarion Newspaper (University of Denver)Sales Manager, 1975 - 1975
- Outdoor Sports IndustriesAssistant to the President, 1976 - 1978
- Davis Brothers Wholesale Drug CompanyMgr of Product Development, 1978 - 1979
- Medata ManufacturingOwner, 1979 - 1980Owner and Manager. Made and sold medical ID bracelets and necklaces through retail pharmacies.
- Mountain Bell Telephone CompanyAccount Executive, 1979 - 1981Did telephone sales training for Bell clients, and internal programs to reach the small business market. Founding president of the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association as a strategy to help the company introduce the term telemarketing as part of re-branding of telephone sales.
- Wren MarkeingOwner, 1981 - 1983One-to-one marketing agency. We did campaigns for Gates Rubber Company, Montgomery Wards, CitiBank, Denver Business Journal, Titsch Publishing, and many others. Spoke at national and local association meetings including The National Association of Quick Printers, the American Marketing Association, and many others.
- Denver SymphonyDirector of Marketing, 1983 - 1985Managed ticket office, public relations professionals, and implemented an aggressive telemarketing program. Result was more sell outs than ever before or since.
- George S. May CompanyBusiness Analyst, 1986 - 1987Did 100 analysis of businesses in western US. Interviewed key personnel, survey of employee and employee interviews, observed operations and financial controls. Talked with advisors to firms and then made recommendation. Was recognized as top performer in national newsletter.
- TB Dodd InsuranceSales Manager, 1985 - 1986Developed telemarketing program for generating qualified appointments. Obtained property and casualty and health insurance licenses and closed sales.
- Sentinel NewspapersPR & Sales Manager, 1987 - 1990Held weekly sales meeting, implemented a telemarketing program for generating qualified sales leads. Made join sales calls with outside sales force. We obtained favorable publicity and avoided what could have been very bad publicity. Coordinated shift of city-wide delivery via local carriers to mail delivery.
If you might want my help, more info at: www.JohnWren.com
I'm a business consultant and adult educator.
My mission is to help strengthen the grassroots in business and politics. Since 1979 I've helped hundreds of people start new careers, projects, campaigns, and new businesses, there is a good chance I can help you.
My little book on startup is only 99-cents, I'll give you $1 back if you don't find it helpful. :-) Google John Wren Daring Mighty Things to find it.
- University of DenverBA'69 MBA'80, 1967 - 2013BA'69 Major Economics, Minor Psychology. Worked full-time for family business, as I went to school, helped in negotiating a cash sale the summer of 1969. MBA'80 President of the Graduate Student Association and Colorado College Republicans. Sales Manager, Clarion Newspaper, and I was a graduate teaching assistant.
- Cornell CollegeLiberal Arts, 1965 - 1967Football, wrestling (NCAA Div III Midwest Conference Champion), and baseball. AXE. Yearbook photographer.
- Regis UniversityAdult Education, 2001Classes in the theory of adult education from an instructor who studied with Malcolm Knowles.
I went forward and was baptised when I was 9 years old at University Hills Baptist Church here in Denver, eventually lost my faith all together and by a series of coincidences was brought back to real life by my brothers in Christ, several who live just to the west of Sedalia, Colorado. There are 25,000 Jesuits around the world today, and Pope Francis was formed in part through his experience with them. If you want to understand more about what that means read Fr. James Martin, S.J.'s book The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything and his powerful, surprising new book simply called Jesus.
May God our creator, our father, help us to accept his great love for each of one of us, just as we are, sending his Son, sending the Holy Spirit, calling us to seek and serve Christ in each person who is put in our life, you and I meeting right here, right now through this video and these words. With God for each of us, how can we be against each other, there has only been one who was perfect, we do the best we can, fall short, are forgiven, and told to go, to sin no more. "Thank you Lord" indeed. Thank you. +++
Denver archbishop rallies Coloradans against 'extreme' abortion bill
The Archbishop of Denver on April 15 rallied opposition to a Colorado bill he says is “both extreme and dangerously ambiguous” in its ban on
The One Thing Holding Woman Back From Joining Convent, and It Isn't What...
(Photo courtesy of Mary Beth Baker) Even aspiring nuns have to worry about student loans. Before Mary Beth Baker, 28, can enter the convent
What do you think? New movie "I Am" very funny. And very interesting.
PLEASE SHARE: Preview of new film "I Am" from director of many comedy hit movies. Very funny. And very interesting. (See preview below) For
William Dean Singleton speaks at DU's spring 2012 graduate Commencement ...
A lifetime of experience distilled into 20 minutes. Worth watching and re-watching, he lived the American Dream. Health problems that show h
SmallBizChamber.org Start, grow, flourish!: WRAP for Anyone and Everyone...
This is www.SmallBizChamber.org, for your Small Business Chamber of Commerce, Inc. IDEA Startup Cafes and Salons. "We make small more beauti
Need a new idea? Have a good idea, now need to make money?
Free (for now) and open to everyone! First meeting of new Z-NOS Group (see below for more info) this Friday, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Panera Bre