Start a hangout
John S Wren
389 followers|163,999 views
John S Wren
Works at Small Business Chamber of Commerce
Lives in Denver, CO
389 followers|163,999 views
Amarillo TX - Mt. Vernon, IA - Wichita, KS - Casper, WY - Zihuatanejo, Mexico - Paris - Rome - Redwood City, CA - Laguna Beach, CA - San Francisco, CA - Quebec - Toranto - New york, NY - Olympia, WA
Since 1979, help for you to start and grow your project or campaign, your new career or business.
Proud father of 4 grow children, grandfather of 4. Past President Colorado College Republicans, DU Graduate Student Association, Denver City Club, Metro-South Optimists, Small Business Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
John S. Wren, MBA+ Consults and Co-Founder & CEO, Small Business Chamber of Commerce. IDEA Startup Salons & Cafes * Franklin Circles * The Startup Line 24/7 call (303)861-1447 * The Startup Show. More info and RSVP http://Meetup.com/Small-Biz--Chamber
Public speaking, coaching & consulting, adult education, business analysis, business creativity and innovation, small group facilitation, adult education, personal selling.
- Small Business Chamber of CommerceFounder & CEO, 1727 - presentWe cooperate with local chambers to provide more real help to startups and small businesses. Current projects: WrenCollege.org for Self-Directed Learning and CollegeStudentMarketeers.com for On-Demand Sales & Marketing Help.
- A&W Root BeerDish Washer, 1964 - 1964Jobs listed here from earliest to latest, does not include lawn mowing, selling Christmas paper door to door, Kool-Aid stands, etc. that I did as a kid.
- Cherry Knolls Swim ClubLife Guard/ Swim Team Coach, 1965 - 1965
- Bauman's Men Clothing, Mt. Vernon, IA.Sales, 1966 - 1966
- Western Merchants Wholesale CompanyHouseware Buyer/ Personnel Manager, 1949 - 1971Bosses son. Worked after school and most summers. Worked full time from 1967, helped sell business to NMS Industries (AMEX) in 1969. When I left was managing the inplant print show, was housewares buyer, personnel manager, and treasurer.
- Snelling and SnellingPersonnel Councilor, 1971 - 1972Personnel Councilor
- Toy House DistributorsOwner, 1972 - 1974
- Campaign Communication and Consulting CompanyResearcher, 1975 - 1976Assist with political campaign for US Congress.
- Clarion Newspaper (University of Denver)Sales Manager, 1974 - 1975
- Outdoor Sports IndustriesAssistant to the President, 1976 - 1978
- Davis Brothers Wholesale Drug CompanyMgr of Product Development, 1978 - 1979
- Medata ManufacturingOwner, 1979 - 1980Owner and Manager. Made and sold medical ID bracelets and necklaces through retail pharmacies.
- Mountain Bell Telephone CompanyAccount Executive, 1979 - 1981Did telephone sales training for Bell clients, and internal programs to reach the small business market. Founding president of the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association as a strategy to help the company introduce the term telemarketing as part of re-branding of telephone sales.
- Wren MarkeingOwner, 1981 - 1983One-to-one marketing agency. We did campaigns for Gates Rubber Company, Montgomery Wards, CitiBank, Denver Business Journal, Titsch Publishing, and many others. Spoke at national and local association meetings including The National Association of Quick Printers, the American Marketing Association, and many others.
- Denver SymphonyDirector of Marketing, 1983 - 1985Managed ticket office, public relations professionals, and implemented an aggressive telemarketing program. Result was more sell outs than ever before or since.
- George S. May CompanyBusiness Analyst, 1986 - 1987Did 100 analysis of businesses in western US. Interviewed key personnel, survey of employee and employee interviews, observed operations and financial controls. Talked with advisors to firms and then made recommendation. Was recognized as top performer in national newsletter.
- TB Dodd InsuranceSales Manager, 1985 - 1986Developed telemarketing program for generating qualified appointments. Obtained property and casualty and health insurance licenses and closed sales.
- Sentinel NewspapersPR & Sales Manager, 1987 - 1990Held weekly sales meeting, implemented a telemarketing program for generating qualified sales leads. Made join sales calls with outside sales force. We obtained favorable publicity and avoided what could have been very bad publicity. Coordinated shift of city-wide delivery via local carriers to mail delivery.
John S Wren MBA+, MBA is a warning, I've had to unlearn much of what I was taught to be helpful to startups.