As a follow up to my post on communities from the other day (https://plus.google.com/+johnp/posts/UFzA4mNb3Ex
), there are a few other needs that we've identified in addition to the ones we're still waiting on. +Trey Ratcliff
just mentioned a couple on his recent post as well (https://plus.google.com/105237212888595777019/posts/a7SVPbcDsv4
- Can't search through all members in a group. Even if all members can't see all users, moderators need to be able to.
- Can't remove individual comments without marking them as spam or abuse. If someone shares something and there are 10 comments, and 1 is spam, there is nothing you can do about that comment. Example: this post contains a comment from someone named "Windows 8" which is a violation of our rules, but we can't ban him or remove the comment. https://plus.google.com/109632571914583407108/posts/cLXQkBfwWoE
- I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but if you share something in a community it should not show up in your public timeline. That was annoying people majorly.
- We should be able to turn off email invitations to join communities. My email has been inundated by these invites.
- People should be able to publicly display which communities they are members of, like we do with circles.
If you've noticed other urgent needs with relation to communities please leaeve them in the comments below. Perhaps +Brian Glick
and the team can take a look at these?
If you haven't yet joined the Geeks community, we welcome you to join our 4,500+ members here: http://bitly.com/GPlusGeeks