Open Your Closet | Open Your Heart <3
In some instances when an insurance company may cancel your car insurance policy. A canceled car insurance policy will leave you financially exposed to paying out-of-pocket expenses if you are involved in an accident. You can also face penalties like fines, a suspended driver’s license, and registrations, and even higher premiums on future insurance.
What Should I Do If I am Injured in a Bicycle Hit-and-Run Accident?
Posted on June 29, 2015 by admin
If you have been hit by a driver while riding your bike and they failed to stop, there are several key steps you need to take to protect your rights!
- Demas Law Group, P.C.Personal Injury Attorney, present
John N. Demas is the founding partner of Demas Law Group, P.C. and has been exclusively representing injured victims for over twenty years. John is passionate about helping people and he has earned a stellar reputation in the community for his dedication and successful results for his clients. He has extensive trial experience with several multi-million dollar verdicts, including one of the largest verdicts ever against Sacramento County ($4,500,000) and the largest verdict ever won in Tuolumne County ($2,500,000).
Awards and Accolades
John has earned the respect of the legal community for his zealous representation of his clients. As a result, he has been selected by his peers as a Northern California Super Lawyer every year since 2009; an honor limited to less than 5% of all attorneys and approximately 1% of plaintiff personal injury attorneys. In 2014 and 2015, he was named a Top 100 Attorney for Northern California. The Top 100 list is an even more exclusive group of attorneys chosen by Super Lawyers, as the very best among the best lawyers in the state. He also made the Top 25 List of Sacramento Lawyers.
John has been granted membership to The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a respected professional organization with exclusive membership limited to less than 1% of the country’s civil attorneys. ABOTA membership is by invitation only—extended to attorneys distinguished for their high personal character and professional reputation. Furthermore, he is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization consisting of the nation’s top personal injury attorneys. John has an “AV” rating, the highest possible national rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The “AV” rating is derived from confidential assessments by attorneys in the community as well as judges. In addition to the highest attainable legal ability ratings, he has been given the highest marks for “adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence.” John also has a 10, the highest possible rating, with the prominent attorney ranking web site, Avvo.com.
He was recently recognized as the Trial Lawyer/Advocate of the Year by the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association in recognition of his extraordinary trial results and intrepid work in advocating for the rights of consumers.
Legal Community Involvement
John is very active in the legal community and is a past President of the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association, as well as a current Board Member of the Consumer Attorneys of California. He is a frequent speaker and lecturer at seminars and conventions across the State and has been asked to speak by numerous organizations, including the Continuing Education of the Bar, Consumer Attorneys of California, and Capital City Trial Lawyers. He donates his time and serves as a Settlement Conference Judge Pro Tem and Arbitrator in Sacramento County, and as a Mediator for El Dorado County and Placer County.
In addition to representing injury victims, he is committed to educating and informing people about safety and accident prevention.
In his spare time, he likes to spend time with his family, exercise, cycle, scuba dive, hike and travel. He speaks Greek fluently.
Education & Certification
· University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D. 1992 With Distinction)
· University of the Pacific (B.A. Political Science, 1989)
Bars and Courts
· State Bar of California (1992)
· U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California (1992)
· Past President, Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
· Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
· Board Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
· Member, American Association of Justice
· Member, The Justice Roundtable
· Settlement Conference Judge Pro Tem, Sacramento County
· Mediator, Placer & El Dorado County
· Arbitrator, Sacramento County
· Frequent lecturer and speaker at attorney seminars and conventions
Honors & Awards
· Trial Lawyer/Advocate of the Year, Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
· Trial Lawyer President of the Year
· Presidential Award for Merit, Consumer Attorneys of California
· Numerous academic awards & scholarships
· Recipient of American Jurisprudence Awards
· Law Journal Editor
- University of PacificPolitical Science, 1985 - 1989
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of LawJ.D., 1989 - 1992