As a follow-up to our HTTPS blog post ( http://www.googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ch/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal.html ), here's some more information that we just published in our help center.
32 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Hey https://www.seroundtable.com/https-to-http-status-report-on-rustybrick-18979.html); wish our story were more like yours! I'd love any thoughts or advice and of course we're happy to share our data and story to perhaps help others learn from it!and all! At Buffer we may have jumped the gun on https and caused ourselves a bit of trouble. We switched over on Aug. 8 and by Aug. 12 began to see pretty large drops in organic traffic that have not abated since. I think we followed all the steps correctly; really not sure what to do now! , I read your helpful case study (Aug 24, 2014
- feel free to send me the details, if you want. Are you sure you're looking at the right data? (for example, make sure you're looking at the HTTPS site when checking in Webmaster Tools)Aug 24, 2014
- I definitely will; thanks so much for the offer. Yup, it took me a few days to figure out that I needed to register the https version as a new site in GWT but I finally figured it out. :) More details forthcoming!Aug 25, 2014
- Hi; thanks for asking! I'm writing a blog post about it soon but long story short we decided to roll back to http and will be trying again soon!Sep 2, 2014
- Maybe someone could help me out here. I'm noticing that GWT tools is showing pages still indexed for the unsecure (http) version of our site. I remember the video with http://i.imgur.com/yXCgits.pngwhere he says it should go to zero and flatline. We moved our site over to full HTTPS around August 28th - does this indicate an issue that needs to be addressed? Here's an image:Oct 6, 2014
- If your site is already included with HTTP do you have to request inclusion again with the HTTPS version of your site once you've switched to HTTPS?Jul 3, 2016
Add a comment...