Using the API to automatically download the data and archive in a database and incorporate in client dashboards, etc, though the limited library means getting pretty creative to store some data.
I'd like to see:
1) Live, Direct Tableau Integration [like the GA connector]
2) > 90 days of data. [!important]
3) Make extracting Crawl Errors easier. The JAVA library breaks once it hits a Soft 404 in the data; had to write PHP to get around; not ideal.
4) Create a DAILY Site Summary Feed - Extracting all lines is great, but a site-summary feed of all metrics would be valuable: ranked KW count, ranked page count, median page/KW rank, impressions, clicks, 404s, 500s, etc. Every item in the feed is a day, go beyond 90 days.
5) Report more than 2000 KWs and Pages per day. Now that we're all 'not-provided' in GA, the 2000 daily limit presents a big challenge for larger brands [lots of branded terms].
6) Expand to more supported client libraries than just Java.
7) Add multi-site extracting to API capabilities, and add field for Site.
8) 'Linked From' is available in the error/issue reports, but 'Internal Linked From' would be helpful.
For the GWT Interface [initially]:
9) Add Redirect Chains to Crawl or Content Issues report and API data: [ex: 301 > 301 > 200].
10) Google Trends integration - not really an API request [yet], but incorporate Category>Subcategory indices, geography, and 'related sites & searches' into GWT interface.
11) Custom alerts, Anomaly Detection, AND integration with GA Intelligence Alerts. It should be easier to catch and diagnose issues as they come up, even if we have to define the criteria initially.
12) Better filtering - let me see 'ranked KW count' or 'ranked pages count' for the criteria I specify/search for.
13) More seamless integration b/w GWT & GA, data from both showing in both. Make GWT 'home base' for my SEOs, GA 'home base' for my analysts and marketers.