So, as an advertiser, how is measuring served impressions ever valuable if I can get viewed impressions? It isn't. It is great that FB uses viewed impressions for Ads and apparently will start to for Page posts as well
The same thing should be able to be done using the self-service platform and scheduling posts for sequential time periods and targeting the same audience.
- Thought LabsPrincipal and Founder, 2007 - presentThought Labs provides consulting services for social media with a specialization in Social Networking technologies. We work closely with our clients to build their social media investments from their inception to maturity with a strong focus on ROI. We can help clients unravel the uncertainty of entering into the world of Facebook, OpenSocial, Web 2.0, and social media. We provide an entire range of services that meets the needs of today's demanding web markets: custom application development, widget and gadget creation, marketing and advertising advice, development of ROI metrics for marketing campaigns, user-generated content platform analysis and creation (wikis, blogs, and forums), and social networking expertise. Let us help you to make your social media visions a reality. http://www.thoughtlabs.com
- CompuwareTeam Lead, 6 - 6I led a team of hand-picked Principal Engineers to develop advanced technologies and components used across the NuMega DevPartner suite. Pioneered the use of the SCRUM agile methodology to produce Visual Studio 2008 integration, Vista kernel monitoring, and Net profiling and injection components. Our team also heavily used Test-Driven Development via NUnit, NAnt, CruiseControl.net, Visual Studio Team System, and daily automatic VMWare-based tests. I created a staged software development strategy to help the company advance its CMM progress. I also created a behavioral interview process that helped our team make sure that we hired exactly the right people technically and interpersonally.
- CompuwareSenior Software Engineer, 9 - 6- Documented a Software Estimation methodology for the NuMega Lab's CMM level 2 - Developed the initial integration into Visual Studio 2008 and worked with all DevPartner product teams on their integrations - Prototyped an advanced .Net instrumentation and analysis tool for performance recommendations based on actual measurements - Received the ACE award from the Microsoft Visual Studio team for participation in their VSIP program - Created a common component for all product integration into Visual Studio 2005 - Built the first completely .Net based DevPartner front-end for DevPartner Performance and Coverage Analysis - Designed and built an event roll-up based UI for BoundsChecker 7 - Created the first Visual Studio 7 integration for DevPartner BoundsChecker 7 - Prototyped the UI for a new task based version of DevPartner CodeReview - Rewrote large portions of DevPartner Failsafe to dramatically reduce support calls
- Purdue UniversityB.A. in Management, 2000 - 2005
- Purdue UniversityB.S. in Psychology, 2000 - 2005
- Boston UniversityM.S. in Computer ScienceIn progress
3 Social Media Marketing Practices That You Should Put Out to Pasture
These 3 practices are holding you back! Here's what you need to stop doing now, and what you should do to reach social media marketing succe
Is Facebook about to kill off organic reach for brands?
Posts by Adweek and Valleywag today are saying that Facebook is throttling down the already very low organic reach of brand pages down to 1
Final Thoughts: The Veritasium Facebook Likes Fraud Video
Today I'm bringing my Veritasium Facebook Likes Fraud video series together with this summary! Virtual Bagel In my blog post about BBC journ
How Do I Prepare for My First Facebook Targeting Experiment?
Last time we talked about how to get started with targeting your Facebook posts using insights from data that you already have. Now that you
Evolution Is the Greatest Show On Earth—And This Video Is Pretty Cool Too
If you liked Carl Sagan's autotuned music videos celebrating the wonders of the cosmos, you will like this one celebrating the wonders of ev
23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
A Doctor-Professor answers the old question "What is the single best thing we can do for our health" in a completely new way. Dr. Mike Evans