This is a special program designed to help you get out and see the world and break the stigma that “it’s just to expensive” through the +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. I will be taking on a handful of people for a 7 week on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
I’ve dedicated my life to travel photography. I’ve shot the northern lights past the arctic circle and thunderstorms in the desert. I’ve been in 15 countries this year, with more coming before the year is done. I’ve worked with master photographers and taught workshops in the Rocky Mountains. My aim and goal is to get people out experiencing the world we have.
PLEASE NOTE: I am currently in Bulgaria, so timezone issues may apply while we are getting this started. Later evening to nighttime for me is early morning to mid-day for you.
Selections will begin 11/17 for the mentorship beginning 11/20
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidZipprich/posts/jPPHU5vjUxh
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
8) Do you currently have a passport
9) When was the last time you took a vacation
10) Where is your favorite place on earth
The is run by program directors 108215644829092784557 and
Master Shari Miller is speaking in Chicago. Her work is amazing and you should check her out if you're in the area!
I've always been interested in photography both for work and for fun, but it wasn't until 2012 that I really started to focus on the art of shooting people. My interest in portraiture began rather technically as a way to better understand lighting and techniques, but quickly evolved into a passion for working with and directing people.
“My style has evolved over the years, but slowly started to focus on capturing beauty with painterly imagery.”
While my photography started as a hobby, it’s now an obsession. Since I have a full time job that I love, I have the ability to pick projects that interest me. What I choose to shoot, I choose for art and creativity. Whether it be a personal shoot, an update to a model’s portfolio, or a brand-specific concept; I am very selective in the projects and clients that I choose to work with. This allows me to put all of my effort into getting the most out of the subject instead of rushing to get it completed.
If you are interested in learning more about my photography or would like to work with me on a specific project, please contact me. If you’re excited about creating something beautiful for yourself or your brand then I am excited about working with you.
- Penn State UniversityAssociate Professor, present
- The Arcanum Academy of Artistic MasteryMaster, presentNewest Master (Teacher) for The Arcanum - Online Academy for Photography, encouraging, inspiring and motivating the human creative minds of the world to expand their creativity in the visual art of Photography. Learn more at www.thearcanum.com