- Critique of Exotica: Music, Politics and the Culture Industry
- Pantomime Terror: Music and PoliticsThe discussion here is of Fun-da-Mental's Aki Nawaz portrayed as a 'suicide rapper', Asian Dub Foundation striking poses from the street in support of youth in Paris and Algiers, and M.I.A., born free fighting immigration crackdown with ...
Why are they pivotal concepts in contemporary debates on race, culture and society? This book is an exhaustive, politically inflected, assessment of the key debates on diaspora and hybridity.
- John Hutnyk - 2012 - No preview - More editionsThis collection of essays, graphics and theatre displaces our understandings of borders so that we cannot look the same way at that which invades our everyday, that which kills and excludes, that which sounds out across divides and that ...
- Travel Worlds: Journeys in Contemporary Cultural Politics - Page 173Journeys in Contemporary Cultural Politics Raminder Kaur, John Hutnyk. CONTRIBUTORS Koushik Banerjea lectures on Ethnicity, Culture and Identity, and Popular Music, Diaspora and Identity at Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Celebrating Transgression: Method and Politics in ...
- The participants were John Hutnyk, Scott Mc- Quire, Nikos Papastergiadis, and Gayatri Spioak. First published in Melbourne Journal of Politics, Vol. 18, 1986187 MJP Let us begin by looking, in a way, to the end of the interview. What could be ...
- Bad Marxism: Capitalism and Cultural Studies by John Hutnyk (21 Jun 2004)
Bad Marxism: Capitalism and Cultural Studies (2004, London: Pluto Press)
“Hutnyk packs more dynamite in his sentences than any other writer I know.” Amitava Kumar, Penn State University CulturalStudies commonly claims to be a radical discipline. This book thinks that’s a bad assessment. Cultural theorists love to toy with Marx, but critical thinking seems to fall into obvious traps. / After an introduction which explains why the ‘Marxism’ of the academy is unrecognisable and largely unrecognised in anti-capitalist struggles, Bad Marxism provides...
- Uni Melbourne, Deakin, Ferntree Gully High, Boronia Tech, The Basin Primary
- Boronia Heights College
Memories of Underdevelopment (1968) Memorias del subdesarrollo (origina...
Sergio (Sergio Corrieri - Soy Cuba), through his life following the departure of his wife, parents and friends in the wake of the Bay of Pig
Beyond Borders book in the shops soon… here is the postcard.
rumour-mongering, scribbled exotica, bad theory (by john hutnyk)
A Very Public Sociologist: SWP: Life on the Revolutionary Treadmill
In recent years, it's become customary for SWP conference time to be accompanied by a split, and 2013's meeting (due to convene at the custo
Contesting traditions, land and resources in Papua New Guinea – a talk b...
CCS talk: Friday November 2 2012, 4pm Laurie Grove CR Dr Peter Phipps, RMIT University Melbourne Contesting traditions, land and resources i
“GOD IS NOT DEAD!” 8.10.2012 Goldsmiths NAB LG02 Film and Q and A with t...
“GOD IS NOT DEAD!” EUROPEAN/WORLD PREMIERE – Monday 8 October 2012 6:30 GOLDSMITHS, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, CENTRE FOR CULTURAL STUDIES THE FI
The Education Commission. :: a militant inquiry into privatisation and i...
Students, lecturers, admin workers and anybody else interested in education are invited to join a new group aiming to research and take acti
‘There is drug-taking here’ – UKBA round-ups of Punjabis in Hounslow
Well well, profiled as welfare scrounger drug addict illegal Indian layabouts. The sensitive and thoughtful UKBA (DisUnited kingdom border a