The IEEE Internet Initiative invites you to join us for a dynamic discussion focusing on the emerging issues and innovations with regard to algorithmic decision-making. There are a growing number of IoT (Internet of Things) devices being deployed in the commercial sector. This encompasses a wide range of devices from FitBits, to mobile phones, to connected cars, to smart clothes and watches. As we envision a future of self-driving cars and data-driven, dynamic decision-making, we seek to consider how algorithms may be developed to ease the burden on users while ensuring security and privacy. Can these algorithms balance social considerations centered on crisis management or life and death scenarios?
In the case of an accident or even death, whom does society hold responsible, when the decision making process is automated and made by the algorithm?
IEEE is delighted to bring together leading industry experts during this Google Hangout, for a 360-degree debate around algorithmic decision-making and it's impact on our increasingly connected lives.
• Joni Brennan | Tech. Evangelist Internet Identity & Trust, IEEE-SA
• Anna Slomovic | Consultant and Lead Research Scientist, GW Univ.
• Bob Blakley | Global Head of Information Security, Citigroup
• Robin Wilton | Technical Outreach Director, ISOC
• Steve Wilson | Principal Analyst, Constellation Research