John R. Gontowicz is a resident of Hainesport, NJ and has been in the personal computer field since 1978. John started using the TRS-80 from Radio Shack where he was manager of one of the first Tandy Computer Centers in the country.
After his career of selling computers to consumers and companies, John worked as a trainer and taught hand-on classes on the computer operating system, software applications, Internet Safety, Purchasing PCs and instructing teachers how to present computer training materials to their students.
John is also familiar with networking, PC repair, data communications, networking, and technical support. In his current position, John’s manages a group of technical support personnel with over 110,000 customers. John is a member of the Help Desk Institute. He also does presentations to companies, churches, non-profit organizations and schools on Internet Safety and Identity Theft, How to Buy a PC, home networking, as well as any Microsoft Office applications.
John wrote the book “Computers 101: The Questions You Were Afraid to Ask” to address the common questions that everyone asks at one time or another. There are over 200 questions answered in the book including:
- My PC is running slow, what should I do?
- Should I buy a new PC or just Upgrade?
- I just purchased a PC, how do I get started?
- I am a novice what does JPEG, DOS, Bitmap mean?
- How do I eliminate Viruses?
- How can I use the Internet to find information?
- What is Spyware?
- Why is an Anti-Virus program important?
- And the list goes on.
His latest release is a combination of printed book and videos on CD showing you step-by-step how to keep your computer running like new. His latest release is called:
Keep Your Computer Running Longer, Stronger, and Faster user
- Bordentown Military InstituteHigh School, 1968 - 1972
- Rider UniversityBusiness Management, 1972 - 1976
- PC-UComputer Training, Ebay and Amazon Training. Computer Tune-up and repair, 1997 - present