Profile cover photo
Profile photo
John Dove
78 followers -
I have one goal in life. I just wish I knew what it was.
I have one goal in life. I just wish I knew what it was.

78 followers
About
John's posts

Post has attachment
Photo

Post has attachment
Go Tribe! One more to go!
Photo

Post has attachment
1985 Ford LTD wagon. 357 Windsor, 5 speed
Photo
Photo
9/24/16
2 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
V8, 5 speed, RWD smile makers.
Photo

Star Trek Beyond is the best one of the "new" Trek movies. While it has those moments that remind you that it's a modern day rendition of The Original Series, it is what the first two movies should have been.

I'll also say it was cool to see the entire original crew again... but those engines needed to be more... rectangulAr. 😋

Post has attachment
We won!!! Finally, we won!!!
Photo

Post has attachment
It's kind of easy to see that I've been kind of jumping around in the order that I'm making process. That's because I skip around in what I'm doing, plus all of this had been done for a while.

This time around you'll see that I'm removing the old V6 and automatic transmission. The transmission was sold to a guy who is using it in a Mustang II, and the 3.8L V6 has been recycled. The money raised from that was used to buy more parts. I've also done some quick rust prevention and painting in the engine compartment. It's not pretty, but it'll eventually get painted when the car is.... but mostly likely not.

I've also removed the engine wiring harness and significantly reduced it down to a couple of wires to run the in-tank fuel pump. It's a low pressure pump so it will work nicely with the carburetor, but to be safe I'm going to run a fuel pressure regulator as well.

Since the wagon was originally CFI (Central Fuel Injection) the EEC (computer) took care of fuel and spark. With no computer I have no ignition, so I wired in a Duraspark box to handle those duties. I want 100% sure if I should run a ballast resistor so I put one in line anyways to protect the coil.

Next time I'll cover the fuel side of the equation and plumbing in the fuel regulator to the factory plastic lines.

PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
5/11/16
14 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
After getting the hole in the floorboard roughly cut out for the shifter, it was time to get the transmission in the wagon to see just how much more was required to trim.

In order to do that, I needed to get my rusty transmission crossmember repaired. It wasn't difficult to make the new end tubes, but since I don't have a welder, or experience welding, I asked my step-Dad Roger for some help. He did a great job welding the tubes on, and I painted the whole thing up to stop future corrosion.

Since I had a nice, painted crossmember it only made sense to paint the transmission, the bellhousing, and the clutch fork. Once those were done drying, the transmission went in, the hole in the floor was cut to its finished size, and the lower shift boot was installed.

In order to finish off the interior the carpet was cut for the shifter, a new upper shift boot was obtained, thanks to a great Christmas gift from the wife, my favorite steering wheel was painted, and with a little help from my youngest son, the interior was reinstalled. It's all starting to come together.


PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
4/28/16
24 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
Angela working hard gif
Animated Photo

Post has attachment
This has to be the funniest product review ever.
Wait while more posts are being loaded