Today on HireGun I published a post bringing together my experiences building a growth team inhouse and thinking about how to do it better in the future. I hope this is valuable for all your consultants and inhouse professionals looking to take your client's or company's growth to the next level. Also, founders! This one is for you.
I used to say yes to everything. Part of my personality is saying yes and over-extending myself. I still manage to get everything done, but just barely sometimes.
I've learned to say no. Here's my journey and some direct things you can practice.
- James Madison University
- HireGunFounder, 2013 - presentI am the founder of HireGun, a service to connect great businesses needing marketing and growth with the best agencies and consultants available. I also do consulting through HireGun. Specialties are inbound marketing strategy, SEO strategy and consulting, content marketing (including link acquisition strategies), email marketing strategy, native app growth, and more. I also work onsite with teams to help them focus their efforts and run more effective growth organizations.
- HotPads.comSenior Marketing Manager, 2013 - 2015I led marketing at HotPads.com, part of the Zillow Rental Network. My team did SEO, email marketing, content, and editorial PR.
- DistilledOnline Marketing Consultant, 2011 - 2013
- American Cadastre, LLCImplementation and Support Manager, 2008 - 2009
- Destinee MediaManaging Director
- TruliaSenior Growth Manager, 2015 - 2015At Trulia Rentals I oversaw SEO, email marketing, and partnered with product on other growth initiatives, such as native app growth.
5 Things I Wish I Knew as an Agency Marketer - Whiteboard Friday
Working as an agency marketer is tough. I did it for a bit over two years and learned a lot of lessons. Along the way and since I have refle
Eight Content Gurus You Should Be Stalking Online - youAPPi
Monetizing your mobile app, website, or blog takes far more effort than just selecting which monetization method you will be leveraging to g
Why You Should Manage Your Intangible Assets | MyAssetTag
More than 50% of business value in the United States is intangible. Find out more about why you should manage your intangible assets.
Grovo gets $5.5M for its nifty Internet training videos
Grovo cofounder and CEO Jeff Fernandez described the content as "bite-sized, in-house, professionally produced video lessons every day cover
Building Your Mobile-Friendly Site - The Distilled Best Practice Guide
The Distilled Guide to Online Video Marketing