Global water crises – from drought in the world’s most productive farmlands to the hundreds of millions of people without access to safe drinking water – are the biggest threat facing the planet over the next decade.
It's "A Tragedy of the Commons" - "Like the frogs in the hot water parable" - if we cannot sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves. Therefore, businesses and governments must tackle energy and water use in tandem or risk major disruption.
We need a new framework to guide the way we build the future.
"Our most important innovation is the way we work."--Observations by Curt Carlson (Founder and Managing Partner, the Practice of Innovation)
Post questions for Dr. Teller, then come hear about “moonshot thinking,” self-driving cars, balloon-based Internet access, Google Glass, and other amazing technologies.
If you're a teacher with a high school classroom , you may be able to actually have your class join the Hangout and ask questions of Dr. Teller live. Sign up here: http://goo.gl/Ixp5qX
And if you're a student ages 13-18, be sure to register for Google Science Fair 2015 here: http://goo.gl/nFeXAw
Friday, March 20, 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 1700 GMT
OrCam.com - watch how it works and how it can aid the user in daily life (4:33 min.) http://youtu.be/nrWfLAh2T3k
Likewise, in context: What comes after the WWW (CIRCA 1996)?
Ans. Augmenting Google Glasses along with open-source Infomation-In-Places - based on IBM insights on service science, management, and engineering. http://service-science.info/archives/2060
"The WorldBoard concept, originated by Jim Spohrer at Apple - now at IBM is a vision of the "next generation" Internet. WorldBoard is a global, two-way, multi-channel, location specific reality augmenting interface that facilitates innovative ways of associating Web objects (text, images, animations, tools, etc.) with places. These objects can be left for a user or by a user for others who later are at the same location or they can be interacted with collaboratively in real time. Essentially anything that is possible on the Web today is made available at specific locations plus new functionality and modes of interaction not possible or feasible from a desktop computer."
More info: http://web.archive.org/web/20101127183743/http:/worldboard.org/pub/spohrer/wbconcept/default.html
99.9% of people don't dive and they probably never will, so it's incredibly important to engage people with these environments and let people see how important it is to protect them.
The original video is in full HD and looks so fantastic!
Nov 1, 2014 - Michael T. Jones, Google's Chief Technology Advocate, speaks at the Arctic Circle Summit, Iceland, "New Thinking for the Earth's Newest Ocean," cowritten with Jenifer Austin, Manager of Google's Ocean Program. #arcticcircle2014 (10 min.) http://youtu.be/eoo93IkAr-A
Another Day in Paradise here at Sandy Harbor in Lake Tahoe:
(A) What is the future saying to me?
(B) With that in mind, who am I to become?
(C) What is now my purpose in life?
Co-evolution of (A) (B) (C) means that the Human Network Improvement Communities (NICs) and the Natural Eco-Systems evolve together, reinforcing, rather than de-evolving, each other. The growth of one system cannot continue to come at the other’s expense.
"Inviting a new generation to venture together collaboratively, imaginatively, creatively, and iteratively in pursuit of a better future for humanity." http://www.dougengelbart.org/challenge/index.html
Sir Richard Branson - I agree.
KUDOS to Elon Musk's decision for providing open source #TeslaMotors technology and building Gigafactory is now on critical path for safeguarding our sustainability as explained here:
Table 1 compares the water consumption of some traditional and emerging energy generation and production technologies for electric power, transportation fuels, and natural gas. http://www.pennenergy.com/content/dam/Pennenergy/online-articles/2014/04/cornerstone_water3.jpg
Overall, the world energy demand will grow by as much as 30% by 2035, but that water consumption for energy generation and production will increase by 85%.
Therefore, businesses and governments must tackle energy and water use in tandem with open source Tesla technology and Gigafactory or risk major disruption.
Another brilliant sequence from University of Queensland Marine Biologist Daniel Stoupin's recent edit featuring corals captured by a time-lapse camera. This short clip shows how a healthy coral can excavate itself from layers of sediment - this may occur after a storm event pushes sand over the reef.
You can see the full video here: http://petapixel.com/2014/03/28/incredible-focus-stacked-time-lapse-video-coral-made-150k-raw-frames/
- De La Sale High School, St. Mary's College, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, and Stanford Univ.
A single pump hydrodynamic cavitation vortex action generates millions of powerful ozone (biocide) micro-bubbles from a macrosound spectrum of energies in H2O eventually causing implosions resulting in nano-jets rupturing cell membranes of micro-organizations in temperatures up to 5,000 degrees Celsius and 100 atmospheres of pressure (i.e., hotter than the sun). As a result, it instantaneously disinfects, mixes, blends, and creates magical rarefraction sonochemistries over a range of recycling physio-chemical gradients for purifying and solving water desalination, bio-hazardous waste, biofulels from algae, and CO2 greenhouse problems.
- U.S. Patents granted to GlobeProtect.net:
- A method and apparatus for managing contaminated material. (soil remediation): U.S. PATENT GRANTED #6,601,787 B1
- Method and apparatus for producing solid fertilizer from liquid
substances such as manure from livestock or sludge:
U.S. PATENT GRANTED # 5,732,891
- A method and apparatus for physical inactivation of parasites: U.S. PATENT GRANTED # 6,651,9143
- A method of inactivation of microorganisms and virus in
liquids and sludge: U.S. PATENT # 10/121,115
- A method and apparatus for desalinating seawater and brackish water: US PATENT PENDING # 11/740,752
Technical insights on how GlobeProtect.net Macrosound™ cavitation vortex pump technology works:
When water molecules are torn apart with sufficient force during the rarefaction cycle, micro-cavities are formed where aqueous pressure falls below vapor pressure of the liquid. This drives gas out of the solution, and into cavity to form micro-bubbles. This often occurs at "weak spots" (impurities) where gases are dissolved in liquid or trapped in particulates. The ultra sonic field causes these micro-bubbles to grow and oscillate. When the bubble reaches critical size, the compression cycle causes the bubble to implode. This all takes place in a trillionth of a second duration at 5,000 degrees centigrade and one thousand atmospheres.
Mechano-Chemical Activation triggers/intensifies absorptions, and intensified absorption is used to extricate contaminates. Macrosound is applied to treated material through our patented apparatus.
Basically, the contaminated material (e.g., seawater, industrial waste water, saline groundwater, sewage sludge) together with an absorption material (e.g., lignite, lava, pumice) is processed in our machine in one simultaneous process.
The mass of the absorption material is approximately 1 percent of the liquid, between 1kg and 15kg for 1000 liters of liquid, depending on the degree of contamination and purification requirement. After being processed through our machine, the absorbing material, together with the absorbed contaminant is subsequently separated in a decanter or separator. This represents a very low cost and highly efficient extraction of contaminants and toxic materials.
Technology Energy Utilization Recovery Macrosound
Macrosound 4.2 kWh/1k Gal = 1,370/AF 100% energy savings
Large RO Desalination Plant 17.8 kWh/ 1k Gal = 5,800/AF 44% 76%
Small RO Desalination Plant 36.8 kWh/ 1k Gal = 12,000/AF 40% 88%
MSF 101 kWh/1k Gal = 33,000/AF 40% 96%
Significance for applying the GlobeProtect.net MacroDynamics™ patented inventions:
- Feb. 4, 2009 - New Secretary of Energy, Dr. Steven Chu: Global warming could end California agriculture, cities
In the U.S. in the past few years, instead of a sound economy based on products and commerce, they wrote, "We have a financial economy evolving into a casino-like scheme, with money being used to make more money that has little or no connection to underlying functional economic transactions. Without self-imposed limits, the financial system has expanded beyond its means, making it vulnerable to seemingly insignificant disruptions that serve to topple the entire structure like a game of Jenga."
1. Value is created in organizations by providing "technology options" for meeting contingent needs of the enterprise. Value focused organizations provide the primary means for the enterprise to manage uncertainty by generating options for addressing contingent needs.
2. Value streams, or value networks, provide the means for representing value flow and assessing the value of options created.
3. Valuation of technology investments can be addressed by assessing the value of the options created by the value network.
4. Decision making processes - governance - are central in managing the flow of value.
5. Individual and team affiliations and identities affect value flow; dovetailing processes with disciplines is essential.
6. Champions play important, yet subtle roles in value flow; supporting champions is necessary but not sufficient for success.
7. Incentives and rewards affect value flow; aligning these systems with value maximization is critical.
Overall, our aim is to continuously "improve to improve" the future of society through a planet of possibilities which strategically involves scaling anthropogenic sequestration worldwide on Mother Earth, whereby humans mimicking nature learn how to profitably use their own wastes including CO2 in their every day activities, including carbon offsets, credits, and trading of byproducts especially clothes made from bamboo fiber, and building and construction materials made from laminated Bamboo hardwoods and Cement from CO2: A Concrete Cure for Global Warming
Oct. 1, 2008 - Concrete carbonation
- Chemically Bonded Phosphate Ceramics: Twenty-first Century Materials with Diverse Applications (2004 Arun S. Wagh, staff scientist at ANL; DOE contract no. W-30-109-Eng-38)
- Bamboo plantations are a fast growing grass that pumps oxygen into the air faster than trees and cotton plants, feeds the hungry with nutrition, clothes the body, soothes the ear, carries water, digs potatoes, shelters the homeless as well as the privileged, and in case all that is not enough, bamboo is just plain beautiful e.g., see a slide presentation about Bamboo Architecture for Ecological Living and take a virtual tour of a Plantation House on Kauai, HI.
Current market needs for investments and project funding opportunities:
- Food, Conservation, and Energy Act (FCEA) of 2008:
* Feedstocks development;
* Biofuels and biobased products development; and,
* Biofuels development analysis.
- Jan. 30, 2009 - USDA, DOE Announced Up to $25 Million in Funding for Biomass R&D Initiative specified in the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act (FCEA) of 2008:
* Feedstocks development;
* Biofuels and biobased products development; and,
* Biofuels development analysis.
- Dec. 18, 2008 - DOE
Awards Sixteen Contracts for up to $80 Billion in Energy Efficiency,
Renewable Energy, and Water Conservation Projects at Federal Facilities
- Dec. 2008 - Wells Fargo Bank provided more than $3 billion in financing for green business opportunities, exceeding their finance goal more than two years ahead of plan [pdf]
- Jan. 9, 2009 - West Virginia Can Lead Transition to a Low-Carbon Future
- Feb. 2007 - BALLAST WATER CONVENTION Status & consequences
- www.UnitedSynergyLLC.com, DotGreen.orgRenewable Energy & Green Business Entrepreneur - Technical Director, present
- Medi-Physics Inc, Rancho Seco Nuclear Plant, Bechtel, Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Lawrence Livermore Nat'l Lab, Sperient.com, Bootstrap.org, and ByronHotSprings.com
Inside Fallen Leaf Lake, an underwater forest frozen in time | null
The discovery of a previously unknown forest under water could hold critical clues to climate change.
Pacific Gyre | Dotgreen Foundation, Environment GREEN
The project will bring the reality of ocean pollution to an online community, educating the public about the problem and potential solutions
IBM Unveils Cognitive Systems Institute | EE Times
IBM declared the era of cognitive computing at its Cognitive Systems Colloquium where it unveiled its Cognitive Systems Institute.
Virgin Oceanic Prepares to Send a Person to the Bottom of the Ocean's De...
Follow along as Virgin Oceanic works toward the first solo descent of the bottom of the Mariana Trench (it is deeper than Mt. Everest is hig