Main reasons G+ isn't dead: You're reading this; new features; mobile apps are rad; it's the "social glue" for other products; and... you're reading this.
51 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 84 previous comments
- Thanks for the nice article about Google+:)
Here is my take: Google Plus is just one year baby and it is growing faster and faster.Jul 11, 2012
- : yes, FB,Twitter and g+ first years are in quite different times.
I believe the point of comparing the first years was intended to bring a common fact about social networks/layers, ie they take time to reach a huge audience. Both networks would have had less number of users than the dominant networks in their first years, but that doesnt mean that they are empty ghost towns since they didnt grab all the people in their first year and overthrow other networks. ;) :)Jul 11, 2012
- I feel that most of the negative articles about g+ is trying to show that they are failing in their first year in not catching up with FB!!!
Many times I feel that the 'Ghost Town' articles are just spread to give negative PR to g+ and push people away. :(Jul 11, 2012
- : yes, g+ needs to get more exposure to reach to more people especially in developing countries and the smaller ones. g+ has to be a global network where it simply connects varied people.
I'm more interested in how they are planning to get Orkut to be taken away and merge with g+. those users may be notified to get into g+. :)Jul 11, 2012
- : I feel that even if we have the FB crowd here, we should not have any issues. Thats the power of g+, you have control over what you wish to see. just put the FB friends in a circle and reduce their slider to 0. :) You can check that circle later whenever you want without them messing up your stream.
Also I believe that people got used to silly msgs in FB, so they also post the same. Who knows as they come over here, they may get better. ;)Jul 11, 2012
- : yes, we users have to promote g+ as much as possible. And once g+ becomes the social layer across every google product, it will be quite formidable. :)
FB is not going to sit around, they are going to catch as fast as they can to best features of g+. ;)
Competition is great for us. :)Jul 11, 2012