Auto Enthusiasts Community Rules and Guidelines
This community is popular, and as with any large society, a set of rules can help us all coexist more peacefully. Please abide by these rules. Moderators have been appointed and are authorized to remove comments, posts, or members (either temporarily or permanently) for egregious or repeated violations.
While some of these rules may be helpful in contexts outside the community, moderators inside this community are only empowered to enforce them within this community
. For example, moderators must not retaliate against users in the community based solely on actions performed outside the community.
1. Be respectful.
Everyone has opinions. You're welcome to debate and argue, so long as you remain civil. I know that's a lot to ask on the internet, but please help me prove to the world that it's possible. :)
2. Stay on topic. The topic, in case you don't know, is automobiles
. Not politics. Not religion. Certainly not Get Rich Quick schemes. (Trucks and motorcycles are okay.)
3. If your comment or post is automatically flagged/removed, please don't appeal to a moderator to approve it. With apologies, there are simply too many flagged posts for moderators to spend their time reviewing them. Instead, consider reformulating your content in such a way that it isn't
4. If your comment or post is manually
flagged, and it's not obvious why, then the moderator who flagged it should provide an explanation. In that case, you are welcome to appeal to the moderator who flagged it
5. Post high-quality content. I realize that this rule is subjective, but we have so many members and get so much content, and everyone
benefits if we can avoid (e.g.) low-resolution images, duplicate posts, posts with little or no commentary, or multiple small posts when a combined post would be better (think 5 separate image posts vs. 1 album post).
6. If you witness a moderator violating these rules or abusing their power, please report the behavior to the community owner (+John Costigan
), with a link as evidence. Abuse by moderators will not be tolerated.