Works at Androidzien
Attended The Internet
Lived in UK
What do you make of news that Microsoft has Real Time Ray Tracing prototyping on the Xbox One? I'm rather excited this is the kind of leap the industry has needed for a long while.. if they can pull it off.
I'll admit this isn't my area of expertise, but look at Sony's game streaming cloud service. That's literally using their cloud processing to do almost everything (the games would be running on their systems). Surely MS could use their cloud processing to run only a portion of their games, lighting in this case, effectively.
Add a comment...
Samsung are U-turning over cheating on Benchmarks, has now decided to stop the practice of overclocking their devices when they see a benchmark running. As of Android 4.4 update for Note 3 and GS4.
Add a comment...
Could Xbox One be the first console to pull off Ray Tracing in real time? If your not sure what Ray Tracing is I explain in the video below as well as speculate on how Microsoft might pull this off.
Add a comment...
Android, Founder, Inventor, Futurist
I run a number of successful websites and YouTube channels including Androidizen. Combined over 5 million people a year engage with my content.
With over 400 Android related videos including some of the most respected reviews for the latest Hardware check us out.
I'm always open to collaboration's around technologies, if your looking for an innovative solution to existing problems get in touch.
I'm always looking for new authors to contribute to my portfolio of sites.
- The Internet
Founder / Editor / Innovator / Creator
Award winning Innovation in Development and Design of Web systems.
- AndroidzienEditor in Chief, 2011 - presentI'm Editor in Chief and founder of Androidizen.com an Android Reviews and News site with a very popular YouTube channel 4.7 Million views and counting. We love to review the latest Hardware and Software so if your a DEV let me know!
- TellaMediaFounder, 2010 - presentI am the Founder and CEO of the TellaMedia Group a collection of YouTube Channels and websites dedicated to technology. I develop all the content and websites and operate all the social media work for the group. I wear many hats! In the last year over 4 Million people have watched a TellaMedia Group video. Our content is considered the gold standard for people looking to make a purchasing decision and we deliver high quality practical advice to niche industries through SocialMediaCharity and PracticalNFC. Our Android related sites Androidizen are among the highest ranked in the UK.
- iShopiSmile (Stealth Startup)Head of Innovation, 2013 - 2013I'm providing my experience to a new start-up working in the Online Commerce space. This includes innovative use of cutting edge languages to deliver a next generation shopping experience at high scale.
- SocialMediaCharityFounder, 2011 - 2013SocialMediaCharity.com is part of the TellaMedia group of websites and YouTube channels. Social Media can be difficult for charities we aim to help explain the how to as well as give practical advice to enable anyone working with or for a charity to get the best from Social Media.
- Family LivesHead of Digital, 2011 - 2013Digital Development Manager / Head of Digital at Family Lives 2010 - June 2013 On the merger of the charity I founded, Bullying UK with ParentLine Plus to form Family Lives, the UK’s leading family support charity, I took up the role of Head of Digital when the current head left to pursue new opportunities. I am leaving the post in June 2013 to pursue new opportunities, having fulfilled my commitment to Family Lives to spend two years with them energising their digital work. I was responsible for three members of staff and 1.1 million unique visitors a year and budgets of £120,000 with a departmental income from contracts of £500,000. Full impact of the digital department’s work was felt on over £2 million in funding contracts. I was also responsible for strategic and technical delivery of the Family Lives’ digital presence, including social and viral media development. I exceeded first year Government targets by 10% and met second year targets that had risen considerably. When I took over the the department the Family Lives website and platforms had a 93% satisfaction rating. Following my input and development, it is now rated 98% by users of the website and services. My work included being responsible for creating concept innovative digital projects for government funding bids, cost analysis and technical documents to support the bids. I was also responsible for SEO and Google Grant Adwords strategy to drive organic and paid traffic into the platforms. I worked extensively with outsource teams across the world developing new website features and digital projects to enhance the Family Lives platform.
- BullyingUKFounder / CEO, 1999 - 2011I founded the award-winning Bullying Online as a charity in 1999 following my experiences at school. I took up the position of CEO after completing a rebrand to Bullying UK in 2007. The charity’s founding principle was to provide support to as many people as possible for the lowest cost. Bullying UK supported more than 500,000 people a year with a budget of just £50,000 with social media at its heart. We responded to more than 63,000 emails in 10 years. The charity was the leading brand in the anti-bullying sector, taking part in many DFE and local government conferences and exhibitions as well as being invited to take part in others run by charities like ChildLine. We also ran workshops at events like a Football Association / NSPCC child protection campaign and provided speakers for national conferences. Our advice was sought by government ministers and education advisers and we influenced policy, particularly in the introduction of anti-bullying policies to all English schools. I was also responsible for all the technical work on Bullying UK’s National Bullying Survey 2006, the UK’s first anti-bullying survey to discover the extent of bullying in and out of school. It led all the national news bulletins for five hours across every major broadcaster from the BBC to Sky News and ITN, and was the basis for Tonight with Trevor McDonald and Panorama. In addition to the core work of the charity’s website and support service, I have created a number of award-winning projects, including Click, Create and Print, the first UK project to launch QR codes in 2007, with an innovative model of uniting the offline and digital world around the issues of bullying. An innovative project funded by Simply Health allowed me to explore the potential of my concept for an artificially intelligent advice service. This work resulted in the creation of the Oracle in 2007, which we believe was the first of its kind anywhere in the world. All my projects are based around a low cost, high impact model and driven by the web. My creations have won a large number of awards including a Pride of Britain Award in 2005 and a Talk Talk Innovation Award in 2008.