The economy is so bad that:
I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now worth 200 words. They renamed Wall Street "Wal-Mart Street." Finally, I called Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.
- Back to Basics Computer ServicesLead Tech, 2013 - present
- Community Partnerships of IdahoIT Specialist, 2011 - 2012Notable Projects: * Conversion of multiple remote offices from ATM to 50Mbps Cable and VPN. * Discovery, documentation, and labeling of main office infrastructure cabling. * Almost the entire organization was using thin clients and terminal services with expiring CALs. Migrated to Windows Domain on workstations in all 13 locations. * Setup an employee intranet based on a CMS, authenticating the employees via Active Directory. * Replacement and migration of several servers from heat damaged hardware to new hardware.
- Computer and Network ServicesPresident, 2005 - 2011Notable Projects: * Planned, and implemented the network for a new multi-tenant office building where every suite had its own securely isolated network while still allowing for some shared common resources such as a printing center and conference room. * Maintained the computers, networks, and Point of Sale systems of three local area True Value Hardware stores. * Built and administered custom, need specific firewalls for multiple clients. * Setup and host multiple e-commerce websites for clients.
- Odyssey Computer SolutionsNetwork Engineer, 2002 - 2005Notable Projects: * Built and administered a clustered Sun/Solaris VoIP Soft switch and provided residential phone and virtual PBX service to residents and businesses. * Provided the provisioning, support, and ongoing administration for a Fiber-to-the-Home implementation with services including both Internet and feature rich residential phone service. * Provisioned, maintained, and administered an Exchange server providing a hosted Exchange platform for clients. * Designed, implemented, and provided administration, provisioning, and customer support of a wireless broadband and dial-up ISP. * Designed, implemented, and maintained a proxy for dial-up customers that compressed images, removed whitespace from html, and GZIPed the http stream to provide a "5 times faster" browsing experience.
- Christa McAuliffe AcademyInformation Technology Director, 1999 - 2002Notable Projects: * Transitioned the curriculum from shipped materials to Internet delivered using technologies such as Adobe Flash for dynamic interaction and Citrix ICA for a secure testing environment. * Created and maintained a secure database for student records that was remotely and securely accessible to faculty anywhere in the world without the need for a VPN. * Setup a Windows and Mac (System 7 and OS8 using AppleTalk) network with resources for staff and faculty using NT4 authentication paired with print and file sharing via a Linux server. * Administered and maintained one of the first commercial VoIP PBX systems: a first generation, prototype, 3Com NBX system. * Administered an online collaboration platform for our "Virtual Classrooms" which rivaled the capabilities provided today by platforms such as Adobe Connect and Cisco WebEx.
- Western Governors UniversityIT - Networking Emphasis, 2009 - present
- Perry Technical InstituteTelecommunications Technology, 1997 - 1999
Cops Are Handing Out Spyware to Parents—With Zero Oversight | WIRED
Mere days after a government crackdown on a spyware manufacturer comes the startling revelation that law enforcement agencies have been purc
Over 10000 Unix Servers Infected With Trojan, 500,000 Computers At Risk ...
Open Source News, Tips And Tutorials
10 things you need to know about Satya Nadella, Microsoft's new CEO
At long last, after much searching, a flood of whispered rumors, and more than a little journalistic hand-wringing, Microsoft has found its
Newegg “back on track” after beating patent troll at ITC
Licensing isn't enough to be a "domestic industry," at least not this time.
Google to let users download portable file with all their Gmail messages
In a major move for data portability, Google will let users download their entire set of Gmail messages in a single file and do the same wit
Google Glass Officially Gets Access To Google Play Music, Stereo Earbuds...
Since its introduction, Google Glass has been in the unfortunate position of having relatively limited functionality. However, with a steady
Google Compute Engine is now Generally Available with expanded OS suppor...
Google Cloud Platform gives developers the flexibility to architect applications with both managed and unmanaged services that run on Google
This 98-Year-Old Man Spent 13 Years Creating Remarkable Art in MS Paint ...
Hal Lasko may be 98 years old, but while many of his peers devote their leisure time to shuffleboard and bridge, he has a very different pas
Linux users cope with vampire mice, zombie hard drives
Linux kernel developer Sarah Sharp is searching for a solution to the problem posed by vampire mice, she said in a presentation at LinuxCon
Playing Starcraft 2 Might Make You Smarter | TechCrunch
This won't come as a surprise if you're familiar with the game's genre, but playing Starcraft 2 might make you smarter. Starcraft 2 is a so-
WTF Is Calico, And Why Does Google Think Its Mysterious New Company Can ...
The sad truth is that, if everyone on the Forbes 400 list simultaneously (and tragically) got Cancer, or Parkinsons (or any given disease fo
Joyent Co-Founder Jason Hoffman Steps Down As CTO Of The Cloud Computing...
Joyent co-founder Jason Hoffman is leaving his position as CTO of the pioneering cloud computing company. Hoffman said in a blog post that h
Announcing Google to Google Apps Migrations with Backupify Migrator | Ba...
We’re excited to announce that Backupify Migrator now supports migrating data between: Google to Google Apps accounts Google Apps to Google
Hacker Faces More Jail Time Than The Convicted Steubenville Rapists He E...
TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breakin
Hacking high school exams and foiling them with statistics
A few weeks ago, [Debarghya Das] had two friends eagerly awaiting the results of their High School exit exams, the ISC national examination,