Hope to see you next Wednesday!
Svetlana Isakova from the Kotlin team at will be here to get you up-to-speed with the language. We've asked her to focus her talk on Android development specifically and why now is a pretty good time to start using Kotlin to be a more productive Android developer.
Already have some experience with Kotlin? Ping the organizers , or if you want to give a 10-minute lightning talk.
No experience yet? Join us at headquarters in Amsterdam on April 24th!
Check out the blog post: http://goo.gl/b7x1aA
What does the 23.2 version mean? It means it is still based on API 23 (Marshmallow), but includes a large number of features over the previous 23.1.X releases:
- New support-vector-drawable and support-animated-vector-drawable Support Libraries
- A new Theme.AppCompat.DayNight as the base for a single theme that supports both a light and dark (night) theme
- BottomSheetBehavior, BottomSheetDialog, and BottomSheetDialogFragment have been added to the Design Library
- MediaBrowserServiceCompat backports API 21+ APIs back to the Support v4 library, bringing an easy way to connect and browse your media service as well as integrate with Android Auto and Android Wear
- RecyclerView adds support for auto-measurement, resizing itself based on its contents
- Custom Tabs adds a bottom bar for additional actions
- Leanback for Android TV has significant improvements to the GuidedStepFragment
Check out the blog (http://goo.gl/b7x1aA) for all the details and download the Android Support Library from your SDK Manager!
- The Dutch Android User GroupFounder / Organizer, 2011 - present
- CodestoneOwner, 2011 - present
- VX CompanyMobile Software Engineer, 2008 - 2015
- Assurantie Systemen Nederlandpresent
- Monument Valley
- Math: Mental Math Games
- Trick Shot
- Hogeschool Holland (Diemen)
- TU Delft
- Fioretti College
- Johan Friso School
Papercraft: Material design & implementation - Droidcon London 2014
A deep dive into the Material design system for both designers and developers. Covering the design principles, applying them to your app and
Powerful New Messaging Features with GCM | Android Developers Blog
At Google I/O we announced the general availability of several GCM capabilities, including the GCM Cloud Connection Server, User Notificatio
Floating Action Buttons in Android L | Big Nerd Ranch
App development training for programmers and designers, mobile development services for companies of any size, and best selling programming
Play Services 5.0 Is A Monolith Abomination - Jake Wharton
Play Services 5.0 Is A Monolith Abomination. 03 July 2014. Guava is a monolithic library, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Nobody thi