Svetlana Isakova from the Kotlin team at will be here to get you up-to-speed with the language. We've asked her to focus her talk on Android development specifically and why now is a pretty good time to start using Kotlin to be a more productive Android developer.
Already have some experience with Kotlin? Ping the organizers , or if you want to give a 10-minute lightning talk.
No experience yet? Join us at headquarters in Amsterdam on April 24th!
Check out the blog post: http://goo.gl/b7x1aA
What does the 23.2 version mean? It means it is still based on API 23 (Marshmallow), but includes a large number of features over the previous 23.1.X releases:
- New support-vector-drawable and support-animated-vector-drawable Support Libraries
- A new Theme.AppCompat.DayNight as the base for a single theme that supports both a light and dark (night) theme
- BottomSheetBehavior, BottomSheetDialog, and BottomSheetDialogFragment have been added to the Design Library
- MediaBrowserServiceCompat backports API 21+ APIs back to the Support v4 library, bringing an easy way to connect and browse your media service as well as integrate with Android Auto and Android Wear
- RecyclerView adds support for auto-measurement, resizing itself based on its contents
- Custom Tabs adds a bottom bar for additional actions
- Leanback for Android TV has significant improvements to the GuidedStepFragment
Check out the blog (http://goo.gl/b7x1aA) for all the details and download the Android Support Library from your SDK Manager!
Screen rotations or other configuration changes shouldn’t interrupt loading data for your UI or throw away the data you’ve already loaded. Loaders solve this problem by surviving configuration changes yet are automatically cleaned up when their associated Activity or Fragment is permanently destroyed, giving you the data loading lifecycle you really want: when you have data to show.
Check out our blog post (https://goo.gl/EhSPni) and the code samples included within for some examples on how you can load any type of data with the Loader framework.
Hope to see you next Wednesday!
- The Dutch Android User GroupFounder / Organizer, 2011 - present
- CodestoneOwner, 2011 - present
- VX CompanyMobile Software Engineer, 2008 - present
- Assurantie Systemen Nederland
- Hogeschool Holland (Diemen)
- TU Delft
- Fioretti College
- Johan Friso School
- Monument Valley
- Mental Calculation Tricks
- Trick Shot
Papercraft: Material design & implementation - Droidcon London 2014
A deep dive into the Material design system for both designers and developers. Covering the design principles, applying them to your app and
Powerful New Messaging Features with GCM | Android Developers Blog
At Google I/O we announced the general availability of several GCM capabilities, including the GCM Cloud Connection Server, User Notificatio
Floating Action Buttons in Android L | Big Nerd Ranch
App development training for programmers and designers, mobile development services for companies of any size, and best selling programming
Play Services 5.0 Is A Monolith Abomination - Jake Wharton
Play Services 5.0 Is A Monolith Abomination. 03 July 2014. Guava is a monolithic library, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Nobody thi