- SwirlDirector of Earned Media, 2014 - presentLead Earned Media division in an effort to strategically plan and execute integrated brand content programs that seamlessly tie together shareable digital and social content, public relations, and paid media to get brands content seen and socialized. Key responsibilities: • Work closely with clients to develop innovative marketing communication strategies to build brand awareness with consumers • Strategy and campaign development • Cultivate influencer and talent relationships on behalf of clients • Lead social media and digital strategy • Experiential and offline event activations • Lead communications strategy About Swirl Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Swirl clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Clorox (Hidden Valley Ranch & Soy Vay), Walmart, eBay, Cost Plus World Market, Salesforce, Delta Dental, and California Table Grape Commission to regional favorites, like Pier 39, Sensio, Inc., The Marine Mammal Center, U.C. Berkeley’s College of Natural Sciences, Uniqlo, San Francisco YMCA and PG&E. Swirl believes that “doing” sits above “saying,” because when you do something, connections are made. There is a growing level of cynicism surrounding messaging without actions. When a brand truly stands for something, they act upon those values. We believe it is the role of the modern agency to help clients “do” something that matters and then amplify the conversation around that action through the various forms of media, including digital. We work with our clients to find ways to act upon their shared values with their customer base. Connections are the new social currency and we believe that brands will be built upon the connections they make. With the client, we set our goals for these connections and measure our success across multiple variables to ensure that the connections we are making are meaningful and converting to sales and overall awareness.
- ZICO Coconut WaterDirector of Retail Marketing, 2012 - 2014• Prioritizing top channel shopper/retail marketing initiatives • Work closely with sales, brand and field marketing team to develop innovative in-store programs with key accounts nationally and regionally to drive off-shelf placement and build brand awareness with consumers • Build and manage relationships with national and regional key accounts, as well as key account teams within the Coca-Cola system • Build and manage partnerships with complementary national brands • Present retail marketing concepts and programs internally to sales and marketing executives • Lead development of in-store retail marketing programs; including ideation, production of materials and execution communication to ZICO and CCR sales teams. • Leverage existing ZICO assets and identify new assets where needed for maximum efficiency and impact • Provide thought leadership to the organization • Manage national retail marketing calendar, campaigns and all day-to-day communications internally and externally to respective teams, brand partners and key accounts • Interface with ZICO Commercialization to ensure execution compliance in stores • Serve as the point of contact for key account and partner questions and also serve as the point person to articulate and advocate for channel marketing business needs • Ownership and management of annual retail marketing and DME budgets • Work with sales analyst to understand pre and post-program ROIs • Establish key benchmarks and develop a formal reporting system to analyze data and ensure measurable results within each channel of trade • Analyze Nielsen data and develop channel growth strategies to drive velocity
- popchipsMarketing Manager - East, 2012• Led initial launch of popchips brand on the east coast and successfully grew the NY tri-state market unit. • Initiated all strategic marketing initiatives in the east, managing NY tri-state area market region. • Successfully lead regional executions against key platforms in music, arts/lifestyle, collegiate, sampling, health/wellness and entertainment. • Work directly with director of sales and regional/area/district sales managers to create impactful marketing programs and presentations for NY tri-state retailers and distributors. • Created integrated 360 marketing programs to build brand awareness and drive retail sales through key accounts across the northeast market. • Successfully built a team of area marketing manager, marketing coordinator and team lead brand ambassadors that executed activities across tri-state area. • Train and manage both internal and external sampling teams and led execution against strategic objectives. • Develop unique sampling opportunities to initiate trial and drive awareness within targeted regions. • Assisted in management of entertainment marketing and PR company to drive product awareness and brand visibility in entertainment. • Created unique marketing strategies to drive word-of-mouth and trial among key opinion leader groups. • Execute key music initiatives against a select group of target audiences in northeast market. • Manage media opportunities with regional and national publications, radio stations and digital media. • Activate national music tour (northeast) and key lifestyle events to drive brand awareness & trial within target segment. • Train and manage new-hire field marketing managers. • Train and manage field marketing managers in all regions in N.A and UK with regards to field social media planning, execution and general community management.
- FUZE BeveragesSr. Marketing ManagerFocus on advancing ongoing brand presence and promotion programs in the Northeast Market Unit. Setup and execute promotions and serve as a local on-premise promotion expert knowledgeable of consumer trends in the marketplace. • Work with distributor to ensure sufficient quantity of product for a quality execution and retailer satisfaction • Coordinate delivery of POS required to support execution of all events • Assist with advancement and management of events and road shows in specified markets • Manage merchandising of accounts for retail programming as appropriate • Maintain inventory of uniforms and other reusable POS elements • Manage delivery of POS kits • Create and manage a staff schedule of planned retail/event samplings • Prepare divisional/ market post-event recaps/ reports capturing key goals/metrics for targeted events • Surface program and communication issues to local client team and DMM • Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor events and communicating to DMM
- JetBlue AirwaysServed as a brand ambassador of the JetBlue experience, delivering high-quality service to customers. Responsible for safety and service in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment. Visible JetBlue representative when mitigating customer dissatisfaction. Responsibilities Included: • Manage onboard staffing during day-to-day duties as flight lead. • Conduct initial operating experience flight training, testing and certification for new hires. • Assisted in ommunity marketing campaign in new city launches in North America. • Respond to a broad range of in-flight emergencies • Train new hires on "being the brand" and providing outstanding customer service • Provide and promote the various components of our Inflight product, including beverage and snack service, and onboard sales, including liquor and premium entertainment • Perform various duties as outlined in the Flight Attendant Manual • Continuously stay connected to the Company by reading e-mail, paper mail, and intranet communications • Provide high quality service in diverse operating situations
- Darden Restaurants
A seasoned marketing and public relations professional with experience in brand launches, product publicity, media planning, event execution, public relations and advertising. Drawn to innovation, I have worked in marketing for companies such as popchips, FUZE/NOS, jetBlue and MediaVest. Joey has helped brand innovators and category leaders reach their goals by creating and implementing exceptional integrated 360˚ brand marketing programs touching multiples point of trade. Joey has had numerous responsibilities including market research, product development, brand strategy and program execution, program management, event seeding, sponsorship negotiations, large scale event activations and generating product press and national buzz. Joey holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communications with Magna Cum Laude Honors from CUNY-Hunter College.
creative branding, staff management, budget, public speaking, sponsorship negotiations, public relations, brand management, buzz marketing, mobile marketing, event marketing, urban cultural marketing, grass roots marketing, 360 marketing, media buying, event management, event production, relationship building, event planning, traditional public relations, buzz pr, social media (ie twitter, facebook, blog, posterous, foursquare, etc.)
- East Tennessee State University
- Prince Edward Academy
- Fuqua School
- Prince Edward High
- Hunter CollegeMass Communications, 2007