Interesting tidbits at SXSW: Your Brain on Multi-Tasking +Peter Bregman
, +Adam Gazzaley
and David Meyer)
- Don't do paperwork while skydiving. Task analysis: Identify tasks that are compatible or conflicting with one another and figure out where interference / interruptions are coming from. This fucks with your memory. Pay attention! Your memory is already turning to shit.
- The older you get the more distracted you get. Stop aging!
- The pre-frontal cortex is the "bouncer" of the brain. Don't let it get too high in demand or performance will dampen, the wrong people will get in the club, shit will get crazy and costs will go up.
- What does a cow drink? Don't fuck this up.
- Your behavior is dictated by your environment. Create environmental changes and put distractions out of reach. Don''t keep alcohol in the front seat of the car. Drive at least 95mph to help avoid texting.
- Create an ignore list. But don't put your mom on this list.
- Check your progress once an hour for ONE minute. Set a freaking alarm and remind yourself to do this. Accomplish more.