- Sequoyah High School1994 - 1998
- Kennesaw State UniversityManagement / Marketing, 1998 - 2004
Joe Salome is a Marketing and Communications professional who's cooler than a polar bears toe nails. His background includes extensive work w national brands such as as Moe’s Southwest Grill and Hair Cuttery along with Atlanta based Sports Radio 790 The Zone and Halcyon Organics.
Joe has been working in the marketing and advertising industry for over ten years. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration, Management/Marketing from Kennesaw State University’s Michael J. Coles College of Business. While at Kennesaw state university Joe created the first ever Girls of KSU calendar while running His photography company Polaris Photo.
Joe is known for his vivacious and creative attitude that he brings to workplace every day. You can find him around Atlanta eating tacos, sporting dope kicks and catching a game w his wife Ashley and new born Olive.
- Social Joe MarketingCEO, 2011 - presentSocial Joe Marketing is a Full-Service Marketing Communications Agency located in Atlanta, GA. Social Joe Marketing works with clients to strategize marketing plans & maximize budgets to drive client business goals. Our focus is on Brand Immersion creating fully integrated marketing plans to include Traditional Media,PR, Interactive Solutions, Social Media, Promotions, Sales, and Event Activation.
- Halcyon OrganicsChief Marketing Officer, 2013 - presentHalcyon Organics is Atlanta's first medical marijuana and cannabis lifestyle company.
- Moe's Southwest GrillField Marketing Manager, 2011 - 2014Moe’s Southwest Grill is a fast-casual restaurant franchise with more than 500 locations in the U.S. • Coordinate and implemented marketing strategies for 180 + Moe’s Southwest Grill locations in the North East and Mid West regions. $85 million in rev. • Interacted directly with Moe’s Franchise and Agency Partners to develop communicate and implement local store, regional and national marketing programs w consideration to the restaurants 4 walls 4 blocks & 4 miles. • Aided in the creation of media plans w consideration to Moe’s target audience “Charlie” that effectively increase revenue and brand recognition at the local and regional level. Annual plans to include specific and unique campaigns: o Cinco de Moe’s & Free Queso Day (comp sales + 10% year over year) o Grand Opening Plans (50+): maximize market introductions o Online and mobile ordering (increased avg order from 3 to 5 per day) • Key DMA’s: Tri State (CT, NJ, NYC), Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Louisville and Indianapolis. Major Accomplishments and Cool Stuff I worked on @ Moe’s: • Increased comp sales by 5%, Client traffic by 1.7% year over year. • Led the formation of 4 coops in 2014 while also hiring 4 advertising agencies for each: Northern New Jersey (19), Long Island (12), Connecticut (17) and Indianapolis (10). • Hurricane Sandy Relief National Dine Out Day w Gov Christy: Coordinated fundraising efforts in CT, PA, NJ and NY to raise over $15k. • Identified key markets to implement new product tests. Lead to 8% product mix in the market and national LTO rollout in Q4 2013. • Leveraged Regional Sports Marketing sponsorship's: UCONN Athletics official burrito, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, Reading Royals Hockey Ugly Sweater Jersey, Boston Cannons Lacrosse, US Lacrosse National Convention.
- Sports Radio 790 The ZonePromotions & Social Media Manager, 2009 - 2011Sports Radio 790 the Zone is a Lincoln Financial Media Company. In addition to providing entertaining, compelling and informative sports talk, 790 The Zone is the flagship station for Georgia Tech Football and Men’s Basketball, the Chick Fil A Bowl, Atlanta Falcons, and sports content provider for CSS and CBS Atlanta. • Developed promotional and marketing initiatives which speak to the stations target listener “Josh” while enhancing sales, and station brand awareness. • Create, coordinate and executed on and off air station and client marketing initiates, promotional contests, and station events. • Developed promotional dept to include excellent event activations, creative marketing ideas, quality staffing and flawless execution. • Recruit and developed event part time station brand ambassadors as well as a team of class credit interns each semester. Dept of 10 team members. • Social Media Lead Community Manager: Twitter, Facebook, Blog • Generated revenue streams through custom built sports marketing programs utilizing a strategy of on air, on line and event assets to increase the clients brand awareness and drive sales. Major Accomplishments and Cool Stuff I worked on @ 790 the Zone: • Thank Bobby Cox Campaign when he retired • Dirty Bird to Dallas Campaign: 2010 Atlanta Falcons SB push • Social Media Tent: Mid Summer Music & Food Festival 2010, 2011 • 2 Live Stews Events: Stewper-Bowl 2011, Purple & Gold Affair w Crown Royal 2012. • Key clients: Converse, Race Trac, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Barnsley Gardens. (Open)4 projects
- Group 1201Account Executive, 2004 - 2006Group 1201, formerly Carter Advertising, is a recruitment advertising agency specializing in the transportation and health care industries. • Facilitated direct response recruitment advertising for clients in the transportation industry. • Manage direct response media planning through industry specific web sites, print, newspapers, direct mail, email, pod casting and trade shows. • Analyzed response and planned media based on tracking results data and application tracking system. • Assisted in the development of marketing collateral: brochures, postcards, sales sheets, campaigns. • Major Accounts: CRST International, Transport America, Overnite a UPS Company
- Ratner Companies dba HairRegional Marketing Leader, 2006 - 2009With Nearly 1,000 salons, Ratner Companies supports more than 12,000 stylists around across 19 states and is the largest family owned chain of hair salons in the country. • Served as regional marketing manager for 170 salons in the Southeast: Atlanta, Charlotte and Orlando ensuring revenue and client count met or exceeded plan. • Developed local and regional marketing strategy through opportunities within communities that include mass media, events, sports sponsorship and cross promotional activities w vendors and partners. • Tested “More than Super, Great, Fantastic” as a new tagline helping differentiate from the competition. Major Accomplishments and Cool Stuff I worked on @ Hair Cuttery: • Increased Region Net Revenue by 2%, Client Cont by 1% and website traffic by 10% year over year. • Served as marketing coach to stylist. I created the “Stylist Marketing Kit 101” and teaching stylist how to create a brand “You”. • Mullet Night w the Atlanta Thrashers: 2 years in a row 10K mullet wigs distributed along with bounce back coupon resulting in 4% redemption and named AJC best promo of 2007. • Georgia Tech Football sponsorship and on field fan fanatic contest. Led district of 10 salons to operational and positive revenue growth success • Created and retained a team of qualified associates and leaders that fit the culture and standards of the Ratner Companies. • Coached stylists one on one to help improve sales performance of stylist and the salon to increase client count, service sales and retail sales throughout the district. • Measurable results throughout the district were seen and ultimately increased profitability and minimized loss in the district through continued training of salon managers on P&L analysis and marketing. • Created and retained a team of qualified associates and leaders that fit the culture and standards of Ratner Companies.
- MyEHandle.comCommunity Manager, 2006 - 2007Social Networking site that catered to the transportation industry- trucking, 18 wheelers. Keeping drivers, family's and employees of the companies connected while drivers are on the road and away from home. MYeHANDLE.Com was shut down after about a year of trying to steal traffic and social networking time from MySpace and the emerging FaceBook.
27 Best Copywriting Formulas: How to Tell a Captivating Story Online
How can you write a social media update that wins readers over every single time? Start with these 27 copywriting formulas. Find a favorite.
Delighted Momma: Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (no flour, dairy or refine...
If I had a dollar for every low carb, flourless, cookie recipe that I have attempted over the past four or so months I would probably have a
To Meet Tomorrow's Marketing Challenges, You Need These People on Your T...
Career Management - How marketing and creative content is consumed is changing on a daily basis. To succeed, the marketing teams of the futu
Three things Monday Night Brewing learned in three years | Atlanta Food ...
Monday Night Brewing's third anniversary is this Saturday
Employees are the Brand’s Whipped Cream | Beneath the Brand
Marketing and branding strategies are developed in various ways. Customer feedback and social media may play a role. Strategies may be top-d
6 Reasons Generalists are More Important Than Specialists | TalentZoo.com
I’m good at a lot of things, but I’m not expert at any. And that probably sounds like a bad thing in today’s day and age. More and more, the
Starbucks 'uniquely positioned' as consumers shift to digital
The company processed 2-plus million new Starbucks card activations a day leading up to Christmas.
Burn Notice - Bill O'Reilly, Marijuana & Texting
Bill O'Reilly takes on the drugs and texting phenomenon gripping America's youth.
How To Build a 400sqft Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2k
How to build a nice small cabin powered by solar panels. Lamar Alexander built this cute little 400 square foot cabin for approximately $200
Fracking protesters dump wind turbine blade at Manchester drilling site
17 metre-long wind turbine blade put in place outside IGas oil drilling site at Barton Moss
Louisiana Man Stops Robbery By Quoting Pulp Fiction - National Report
DeQuincy, LA — A local DeQuincy man is a hero today after he single-handedly stopped a couple who were attempting to rob a coffee shop. His
PHOTO: ECHL team to wear amazing ugly 'Christmas sweater' jerseys
The Reading Royals of the ECHL released some amazing ugly Christmas sweater jerseys that they'll wear for a game next month. They couldn't b
MediaPost Publications Twitter Adds TV Conversation Targeting 11/22/2013
Twitter Adds TV Conversation Targeting - 11/22/2013