The moment VHS stopped caring about people and only cared about equipment was the moment it started becoming a toxic environment. This, combined with toadies looking to settle past scores really caused the space to spiral into the complete shit show that exists now.
Vancouver hackspace is a toxic enviorment. VHS is a handicap that prevents even good people from achieving success. Your projects will wither and die at VHS.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Not at all true. I leave things there all the time and it's fine. Whereas there are examples and witnesses of the toxic people doing such things. Of course they...and he in particular...are not part of the space anymore. What a breath of fresh air.
Again you haven't been there in a while so I suspect you are getting a twisted version of things.Dec 5, 2016
- And nothing that the board has done had made me want to go back to that space. I can pay for better tools at MakerLabs, and I can work on other projects in the list of alternatives that has listed.
Why would anyone want to go to VHS instead of any of those alternatives? For the people? Given the inability of VHS to even follow the low bar of Noisebridge in "Being excellent to each other", there's absolutely no reason to recommend that people check out VHS, and instead that people should check out the many other hackerspaces and makerspaces that have spawned since and see if it fits their needs. The laws of two feet apply here.Dec 6, 2016
- is buthurt because he wasted so much of his time investing into the dumpster fire that is VHS. All of that effort was for nothing. Sunk cost fallacyDec 6, 2016
- I am not the one being a dick and telling people to go elsewhere. Making sure people know the alternatives is one thing, being a detractor because *you* are butthurt is another.
I joined based partially on your word, I remain because it's good. Turns out you where the poison all along and not treating people with excellence.
Glad you are gone. Didn't get your way so you took your toys and now are sulking. Good riddance. The space is better for it.Dec 6, 2016
- Joe you continue just to parrot what you are told as opposed to having any real knowledge. It's safe to ignore your comments from now on. Be a good little parrot now.Dec 6, 2016
- Because actually acknowledging that there's no reason to go to VHS is harder, apparently. Are there still cameras in the space? Do members get a locker to securely store their stuff, or is there still a locker shortage? Are there new tools that members can use, or is it just the Laser Cutter and a broken lathe?
Yeah, no, fuckity bye!Dec 6, 2016
Commenting is disabled for this post.