Are you taking control of the "stressors" you Can DO something about ?
Stress Management is a multifaceted approach involving a mixture of strategical approaches as well as encouarging action such as relaxation, healthy eating, excercise etc to encourage a general better state of wellbeing.
But many clients come with issues they have simple wanted to ignore, heading their head in the sand so to speak.
A large part of managing you stress involves taking action on the things we can do something about ? If for example your in financial difficulty are you taking action or just wishing it goes away ? Have a plan of action and keep it simple....
1. Write down your present "challenge" or "stressor"
2. Try analysing it from an unemotional, practical view point
3. List things you CAN DO that may help, be proactive.
4. List possible agencies or people who may be able to give you help or support, even just a listening ear.
5. Write down your plan of action, breaking it into small chunks
6. Give yourself daily or weekly tasks to manage the problem.
7. Tick off each achievement with a pat on the back.
8. for situations you have no or limited control e.g. other people, cushion yourself from the impact, keep yourself well, learn to relax www.stress-coach.co.uk/Relaxation.html