Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore & The Doc (Episode 8): Heart Health Study, Low-Carb & Pregnancy, And Impact Of Period On Ketones: http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/keto-talk-episode-8-heart-health-study-low-carb-pregnancy-and-impact-of-period-on-ketones/25877
Today marks the final Sunday episode of Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore & The Doc (listen and leave a review for the show on iTunes HERE) as we will move into our regular Thursday time slot beginning this week. We hope you’ve been enjoying this fast, fun-filled, and educational short-form podcast episodes answering your most perplexing questions about low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat, ketogenic diets. Your cohosts are 10-year veteran health podcaster and international bestselling author Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” and Arizona osteopath and certified bariatric physician Dr. Adam Nally from “Doc Muscles” who form the dynamic duo answering these listener questions all on the intriguing subject of keto. In case you’ve missed any of first seven episodes so far, be sure to listen to Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 and 7. Listen in today as Jimmy and Adam offer up even more ketogenic knowledge for all you ketonians out there in Episode 8!
KEY QUOTE: “The body is designed to work off of either ketones or glucose and can do so very well either way. Ketosis during pregnancy isn’t a problem as long as you aren’t trying to lose weight.” — Dr. Adam Nally
Here’s what Jimmy and Adam talked about in Episode 8:
– How Jimmy and Adam met at an obesity conference ten years ago
– Brian Williamson’s new Ketovangelist podcast on iTunes
– BMJ study comparing low-carb and low-fat diets on heart health
– Why this meta-analysis didn’t go far enough in assessing risk
– Read Cholesterol Clarity to learn more on lipids
– Is there a problem with a pregnant woman being in ketosis?
– Dr. Jay Wortman’s low-carb baby story
– The LLVLC Show #962: Lily Nichols on keto during pregnancy
– The importance of animal fats in the proper development of a baby
– What effect does a woman’s menstrual cycle have on BG and ketones?
– Atkins nurse Jackie Eberstein notes the period will kill ketones