That's pretty rich you calling the fisherman a jerk. YOU are the jerk for buzzing people on the pier trying to enjoy a nice day fishing. Take your little toy and play somewhere else. Buzz me when I'm trying to relax, and I'll use all means at my disposal to eliminate the nuisance up to and including buckshot.
Start a hangout
120 followers|28,768 views
Works at Hewlett-Packard
Attended Oklahoma State University–Stillwater
Lives in Edmond, OK
120 followers|28,768 views
This is my childhood, a big part of my childhood. I knew my ABCs and my numbers through 10 before starting kindergarten thanks to Sesame Street.
It's Mopar or no car, baby. You can have the Mustangs and Camaros. I'll take the Challenger SRT Hellcat in Sublime Green.
Um ... where's the last verse, guys?
1.3 million views. It needs millions more. Such refreshing clarity.
This is precisely the common sense that needs to sweep across our nation.
I'm sad that live versions seem to omit the last verse. Guess I'll stick with the studio version.
HP Master Technologist
Unix, Linux, Storage, Networking, Performance & Tuning, System & Application Integration, Backup & Recovery, Troubleshooting, Supervision & Management
- Hewlett-PackardHP Master Technologist, 2013 - presentAs a multidisciplinary professional currently delivering consulting for Data Protector and StoreOnce inline deduplication technologies, I routinely utilize my expertise in storage, networking, system design, and physics to solve broad-based performance and compatibility issues. Although I am still an individual contributor, my work is now focused more keenly at the organizational and global levels. Whether it is through online publishing or one-on-one mentoring, I thoroughly enjoy sharing what I know for the benefit of others. That naturally spurs my desire to expand my proficiency even further. I am called upon for my expertise and unique skills by a plethora of HP organizations including Technical Marketing, Product Development, Implementation Services, Sales, Escalation Managers, and Channel Partners. I have also trained additional resources to support an ever-expanding BURA demand generated by the success and increasing adoption of Data Protector and StoreOnce. You may be wondering what it takes to become a Master Technologist at HP. There is quite a bit to it, actually, I was promoted through unanimous consent after a formal nomination and review process by global HP business unit leaders. The review was centered upon three main principles: Continuity & impact of contributions, breadth & depth of knowledge, and leadership My entire 25+ years of engineering were examined -- much of which elapsed prior to my current tenure with HP. I am humbled by the recognition and committed to learn even more.
- Hewlett-PackardSr. Technical Consultant, 2007 - 2013Expert in HP Data Protector deployment, integration, migration, performance, and troubleshooting. Expert in HP StoreOnce inline deduplication technologies implemented in both software and hardware. Extensive background with HP-UX system administration, troubleshooting, performance, and tuning. Author of HP ExpertOne ATP and ASE HP-UX certification exams (Summer 2013). Broad experience with hp Surestore XP storage arrays including LUN and security configuration, Business Copy XP, RaidManager XP, and Zero Downtime Backup integration with Data Protector. Competent with director-class SAN design, troubleshooting, and migrations. Competent with DNS and SMTP implementations. Past experience with LAN and WAN design. Past supervisory experience. (Ended by my choice to return to purely technical pursuits.)
- The Hertz CorporationSupervisor, Unix Systems Programming, 1998 - 2007Supervised staff of eight Senior Unix Systems Programmers at Worldwide Data Center. Principle architect of enterprise backup and recovery solution. Co-architect of multi-fabric, director-class, enterprise SAN for HP-UX. Also HP-UX performance analysis and troubleshooting, Oracle Financials, Oracle HRMS, HA clusters, SMTP relays, Linux servers, SOX compliance, and PCI compliance.
- RaytheonSenior Programmer/Analyst, 1995 - 1998I moved from classified contract work to Information Technology. Also during this period, Raytheon completed their purchase of E-Systems. Expertise includes local and wide-area networking and a wide array of Unix variants such as HP-UX, Solaris, and BSD. Supervised staff of programmers responsible for engineering of email, file, print, and network services.
- E-SystemsSenior Electronic Systems Engineer, 1987 - 1995Broad range of expertise from component-level troubleshooting to firmware development and microprocessor design. Supervised technicians responsible for daily operation and maintenance of a classified, one-of-a-kind, real-time data processing system. Held Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Greenville, TX - Imperial, MO - Dale City, VA - Oklahoma City, OK
"In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others." --Deuteronomy Rabbah (c. 450–900)
There are four Jim Turners in Edmond, OK. I'm not the lawman, the doctor, or the lawyer. I'm the engineer. Although I have made technology my life's work, my family is what matters most to me. My wife, daughter, and son continue to be a blessing beyond description. I enjoy music and own Pink Floyd's entire discography. Rush ranks up there pretty high, too. Second place belongs to the greatest blues man the world has ever known: Stevie Ray Vaughan. Coming in at a close third place is Southern Rock a la Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshal Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, CCR, and The Allman Brothers.
I wear bowties.
- Oklahoma State University–StillwaterElectronic Engineering Technology, 1982 - 1986
- Western Heights High SchoolDiploma, 1978 - 1982
Great bow ties.
Public - in the last week
reviewed in the last week
Service was good. Food was okay. Tea was great as usual. So why only two stars? That's for the IDIOT who designed such a large-capacity dining area combined with facilities that only have one commode in each restroom. It's really nice watching my lunch getting cold while I stand in line for 10 minutes to take a leak. The lines were three deep for both men and women. Utterly stupid design!
Public - a month ago
reviewed a month ago
Public - 4 months ago
reviewed 4 months ago
Manager lady will say one thing then do another. She did not let my son know that the apartment for which he had placed a deposit was still being occupied by the renter/squatter on the day he was supposed to move in. A replacement apartment was offered but not held because he accepted a deposit refund. He was never asked to reinstate a deposit to hold the 2nd apartment. The total lack of proactive behavior doesn't bode well for the experience renters will have with maintenance, rent, etc. Their accounting practices are ghastly. Maintenance man returned from the bank while I was there and reported that the amount of money in the bag did not match the deposit slip. Meanwhile, the manager proceeded to refund a deposit using cash from her own purse, plus some cash from the rejected bank deposit, plus ten bucks from the maintenance guy. Now, does that instill confidence that your rent payments will be handled properly? Hardly. They are playing their proximity to campus for everything it's worth. Don't be fooled by manager lady's sugary sweet attitude. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Manager lady will say one thing then do another. She did not let my son know that the apartment for which he had placed a deposit was still being occupied by the renter/squatter on the day he was supposed to move in. A replacement apartment was offered but not held because he accepted a deposit refund. He was never asked to reinstate a deposit to hold the 2nd apartment. The total lack of proactive behavior doesn't bode well for the experience renters will have with maintenance, rent, etc. Their accounting practices are ghastly. Maintenance man returned from the bank while I was there and reported that the amount of money in the bag did not match the deposit slip. Meanwhile, the manager proceeded to refund a deposit using cash from her own purse, plus some cash from the rejected bank deposit, plus ten bucks from the maintenance guy. Now, does that instill confidence that your rent payments will be handled properly? Hardly. They are playing their proximity to campus for everything it's worth. Don't be fooled by manager lady's sugary sweet attitude. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.• • •
Public - 2 years ago
reviewed 2 years ago
Superior rental experience and great car made Newark Airport suck a little less.
Public - 2 months ago
reviewed 2 months ago
Fast, professional, courteous service. I was there when they opened at 7 AM this morning. Josh greeted me with a smile, offered me fresh coffee, and had my car serviced in under 20 minutes. Although today's service was on my fleet vehicle, my favorable experience will result in Josh and his crew gaining the business of my four personal vehicles. Thank you Josh for a pleasant experience.
Public - a year ago
reviewed a year ago
Don't bother going here after dark. By the time you make your way past the drug dealers and prostitutes, you'll find the door locked. At 8 PM on Monday. What gives? I figured it was locked for security because I saw people still inside. The morbidly obese security guard who was there overseeing things waddled a few steps toward the door and managed to squeeze out "WE'RE CLOSED" just before running short of breath and clutching his chest. Welcome to Kansas City, MO.
Quality: Poor - FairAppeal: Poor - FairService: Poor - Fair
Public - 2 years ago
reviewed 2 years ago