- Randstad Sourceright USSenior Director, RPO Recruitment Strategies and Support, 2014 - presentI am responsible for developing strategy, operational plans, and overall leadership of the Recruiting Strategies & Support (RSS) team along with designing, managing, and allocating resources available through offshore centers. In this position I manage all aspects of people, processes, tools and practices, with the goal of delivering best-in-class strategies, efficiencies and service to RPO clients. Primary focus is on recruiting strategy development and support / execution of recommended strategies. Furthermore, I interface strategically with RSR Client Delivery and Business Development to understand specific needs of clients and client prospects, then implement service delivery solutions that positively impact the end delivery to our clients or provide proof of concept to client prospects.
- Bernard Hodes GroupDirector of Sourcing and Social Strategy, 2011 - 2014I work with digital and account team members to build effective social recruitment and employer brand strategies. I conduct hands-on and virtual training for HR/recruiting teams of clients in support of a comprehensive social strategy. Furthermore, I participate in and share responsibility in new business pitches of digital and social strategy. I also stay current on digital innovations related to employer branding and recruitment communications, in order to create training solutions for the benefit of our clients.
- Global EnglishSocial Media Development Manager, 2008 - 2011While working remotely from Atlanta, I developed and implemented innovative strategies for web-based user procurement for the English learning community – EnglishCafe.com. I initiated and tracked the effectiveness of outreach programs. I researched, analyzed, and monitored financial, technological, and demographic factors in order to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize the effects of competitive activity. As a Community Manager, I kept users engaged and converted them into evangelists for the EnglishCafe brand. My duties also extended to content creation and managing content from internal thought leaders and community for placement on the EnglishCafe homepage which changed twice daily. My duties also extended to working with web developers in the design and usability of the web site and leading a team of marketing interns to perform various SEO and community engagement tasks.
- MicrosoftTechnical Sourcing Consultant, 2005 - 2008While working remotely from Atlanta, I implemented a wide range of online resources, software, web enabled tools and innovative strategies to source active and passive candidates. Initially my focus was on sourcing senior technical personnel for the Win Client and Mobile and Embedded Devices Groups then towards the end of my tenure, I pursued software developers all over the world (Canada, Mexico, Australia, Europe, Middle East and Asia) for the International Recruiting Team. In this role, I used traditional methods and social media strategies (MySpace, YouTube, Usenet, podcasts and online video) to market opportunities to passive candidates and fill open positions that were historically difficult to close. In addition to my recruiting related activities, I conducted special projects in the field of marketing, competitive intelligence and recruitment research training. I was a consistent contributor to the "Microsoft Technical Careers @ Microsoft" blog which was awarded for “Best Group Blog” and “Best Job Seeker Blog” by Recruiting.com during my tenure.
- Searchologist - Internet Researcher, 2004 - 2005Engaged in confidential Strategic Sourcing projects working remotely from Atlanta. Strong focus on recruiting experienced Software Engineers and developing a Talent Pipeline.
- SiemensInternet Researcher and Competitive Intelligence, 2003 - 2004Hired as a consultant within this startup division of consolidated recruitment services. Chief responsibility was sourcing personnel in the areas of Materials, Distribution, Engineering, Factory Automation and Logistics.
- Lanta Technology GroupAccount Executive, 1999 - 20023rd employee hired in this startup organization that focused on staffing post and pre-IPO Internet companies. Generated net revenues for the company surpassing $700,000.00. Said number is representative of fees collected as a result of placing permanent, contract and contract to hire personnel. Responsibilities included serving as Internet Researcher, Lead Recruiter, Business Developer and representing employer at speaking engagements.
- Creative Recruitment SolutionsInternet Researcher, 1999 - 1999First contract employee for this Internet Start-up Company. Sourced potential hires for various clients in addition to brainstorming innovative recruiting techniques. In addition to locating candidates, served as team lead on developing Websites for clientele.
- MCI Inc.Internet Researcher, 1997 - 1999Initially hired as contract employee with MCI but, acquired a permanent position within a year. 2nd employee hired in this start-up division that focused on Internet Research. Chief responsibility was to source technical personnel via the Internet. Initially screened candidates before presentation to recruiters, then converted to employing a source and select model of research. Successfully sourced 43 hires, in support of 30 recruiters. As a result of team efforts, Internet Research accounted for 20% of all hires. In addition to direct support, proactively facilitated a stream of qualified candidates by implementing initiatives in support of an overall recruiting strategy. Said initiatives included: Diversity Recruitment, Measurement of Recruiting Trends, Virtual Job Fairs, a Corporate Alumni forum and the creation of Jobs2Go, a careersite that promoted MCI as the employer of choice.
Over the past decade, Jim Stroud has built an expertise in lead generation strategies, social media recruiting, video production, podcasting, online research, competitive intelligence, community management and training. He has consulted for such companies as Microsoft, Google, MCI, Siemens and a host of startup companies. Presently, Jim Stroud is the Director of Sourcing and Social Strategy for Bernard Hodes Group.
Prior to Hodes, Jim Stroud has created and sold three online properties, managed an award-winning blog, published a weekly newsletter for jobseekers, a recruiter training magazine and co-hosted a popular technology podcast. Jim Stroud has also produced multiple web series devoted to such topics as: job search, recruiting, technology and language learning. Jim Stroud has been quoted by such publications as Globe and Mail, US News and World Report, Wall Street Journal and The Atlanta Journal and Constitution. Monster.com, Entrepreneur, Black Enterprise and The HR Examiner have all cited Jim Stroud for his digital influence. Jim Stroud also served as the EmCee of SourceCon, the premier global conference on sourcing for three consecutive years. He is also the author of "Resume Forensics," a quick and easy guide to finding resumes and passive candidates on the web.
When not online, Jim Stroud suffers from withdrawal symptoms that can only be soothed by chocolate chip cookies and family time. (Be sure to click the "Contact Info" link above for more information.)