- The Federal Savings BankMortgage Banker, 2011 - presentAs a mortgage banker, I am dedicated to helping my clients make the most informed mortgage decision possible, one that integrates with their personal financial plan and major life goals like retirement and wealth accumulation. I strive to provide the opportunity for every client to begin and end each transaction with the highest possible level of confidence and trust over the mortgage process from the application to the closing. I successfully leverage relations with Realtors, Attorneys, Financial Planners, Estate Planners and Insurance Agents to provide the best possible service to my clients and to ensure that my relationships with these fellow service providers are both fair and mutually beneficial.
- Mortgage DirectMortgage Banker, 2009 - 2011s a mortgage broker, I am dedicated to helping my clients make the most informed mortgage decision possible, one that integrates with their personal financial plan and major life goals like retirement and wealth accumulation. I strive to provide the opportunity for every client to begin and end each transaction with the highest possible level of confidence and trust over the mortgage process from the application to the closing. I successfully leverage relations with Realtors, Attorneys, Financial Planners, Estate Planners and Insurance Agents to provide the best possible service to my clients and to ensure that my relationships with these fellow service providers are both fair and mutually beneficial.
- Fave MediaCFO, 2006 - 2008Officer and director of a local search and internet video advertising early stage venture. Developed the sales, financial, legal and operational groundwork for the company’s advertiser revenue model including attracting the initial advertiser clients, establishing the sales team and growing the number of paid advertisers to over 130. Built financial and administrative infrastructure of the company including the creation of credit card processing, record keeping, accounting policies, employee handbook, payroll systems, benefit packages and internal financial control. Created cash flow projection model, pro-forma financial, business plan, presentation materials and transactional documents for $1.625 million Class B capital round.
- University of Chicago Medical CenterAssociate Director, 2008 - 2009Responsible for raising $1 to $5 million annually to advance the fundraising priorities of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Manage a portfolio of 100 to 125 prospects, who are primarily Alumni of the Pritzker School of Medicine and/or the Biological Sciences Division and may also be families, foundations and/or organizations. Design and implement fundraising initiatives; form and implement identification strategies and individualized cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospective donors and donors with the capacity to make gifts in the $100K to $5M range. Collaborate with University of Chicago Medical Center faculty, trustees, leaders and administrators. Collaborate with Medical Center Development Alumni Relations and Alumni Annual Funds teams. Collaborate with Donor Relations team to individualize donor stewardship and in many cases design and implement stewardship.
- Beacon Legal FinancePrincipal, 2004 - 2006Created start-up litigation finance company by drafting formation and operating documents, writing financing contracts, applying for relevant licenses, assembling three-person management team, conducting legal research in 20 states. Arranged $42 million of preferred equity from a $6 billion hedge fund and $400,000 of preferred equity and subordinated debt from an angel investor by creating business plan, developing cash flow model and pro-forma financial statements, writing offering documents and conducting face-to-face investor presentations and due diligence meetings. Ran day-to-day operations, including hiring 5 customer service representatives, executing and funding contracts, managing books and records, overseeing annual pay-per-click internet marketing budget of $300,000, working with independent brokers and developing a system for origination, underwriting and servicing. Sold assets of Beacon Legal Finance to litigation finance company in 2006.
- Banc One Capital MarketsManaging Director, 2000 - 2003Built auto/equipment asset-backed debt business that previously earned $1 million of annual revenue with no lead managed transactions into a business with over $18 million of revenue, 14 lead mandates, and a #1 league table ranking in 2002. Established Bank One’s capital markets relationships with both Ford and GM by lead managing 3 asset-backed debt deals for Ford and 7 for GM, and by earning more asset-backed fees from each firm than any other Wall Street dealer in 2002. Met with over 50 investors in one-on-one issuer/investor meetings and client due diligence. Determined the value of financial assets using a modified Discounted Cash Flow (“DCF”) model that calculated the net present value of projected future cash flows of loans and leases using loss, discount rate and payment assumptions. Hired and/or trained 2 Directors and 6 Associates to market, structure and document asset-backed debt
- JP Morgan ChaseVice President, 1991 - 2000Oversaw asset-backed investment banking origination for the auto/equipment, and home equity finance sectors. Conducted due diligence, drafted information memorandums, assembled information for data room, developed models similar to a DCF model and performed valuation analyses for both M&A and asset-backed debt transactions. Participated directly on a variety of advisory projects including KeyCorp.’s acquisition of Champion Mortgage, Cargill Financial’s attempted spin-off of Access Financial and the Associates’ attempted bid for the Money Store. Led the valuation analysis of equipment lease financial assets for CIT’s acquisition of Newcourt.
5230 N Kenmore Ave, 1A Chicago, IL 60640
I work closely with realtors and borrowers and especially enjoy working with first-time home buyers who need a little extra support in an unfamiliar process.
Having spent twelve years in investment banking in the mortgage-backed securities markets with Fortune 500 companies, I understand how capital markets function. That experience, coupled with access to the latest technology, enables me to help clients secure the best possible rates and financing alternatives.
If you work with me, you’ll find that I’m dedicated to making sure every last detail is covered. And I’m there throughout the entire process – from application to closing.
Did I mention that The Federal Savings Bank does all of its underwriting, processing and closing in-house so we can offer a ten-day turnaround for new purchases? It doesn’t get much better than that!
"Jim recently helped me to refinance my mortgage. Jim made it very easy for me and provided outstanding service with an approach customized to my concerns and situation. I would definitely recommend Jim to others seeking help with their mortgage.”
Top qualities: Great Results, On Time, High Integrity
J. W. Penland
"Jim is a competitive leader who plans and performs at a high energy level, with a positive attitude every day. His grasp of complex financial transactions, and how to make them work for all affected parties was instrumental in the completion of my mortgage. It would be a pleasure to work with Jim again.”
- Georgetown University1991
- New York University
- St Johns High School1987
First Time Home Buyers Program - Finding & Financing First Home | Ch...
Jim Pomposelli of the Federal Savings Bank and Beth Ryan or Ryan Realty & Associates are offering a First Time Home Buyers Program:...
How a first time home buyer can get a loan | Chicago Real Estate Blog - ...
If you're shopping for your first home, finding the house is only one part of the process. Like many buyers, you will also need a mortgage l
Fall for a New Home....Why Fall is THE time to buy!!!! | Jim Pomposelli ...
After one red-hot summer season, September showed impressive numbers and accelerated growth continued�–with houses flying off the market in