I just noticed a subtle update to the Goals configuration screen in GA. I'm usually a fan of the changes the team has been making lately, but I'm afraid this misses the mark.
Now, instead of showing all 20 goals on one screen, it only shows you 10 at a time, by default. You have a drop down menu to choose to show more rows. Although it lists 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500, only the 10 and 25 are clickable (the other options are grayed out). This actually makes me hopeful that maybe they're working on increasing the number of goals per view. That would be awesome.
Another new feature is the ability to sort your goals by the goal name, ID, or Past 7 day conversion. Before, you could only sort by the goal name. At first, I was thrilled - in fact this would have been very helpful to me yesterday. But when I tried it out, I was disappointed. Sorting by Goal ID does NOT sort numerically lowest to highest (or vice versa), it sorts alphabetically. #Facepalm
. So now I can sort my goals in the following order:
Close, but no cigar.