An interesting look at content scraping from
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 24 previous comments
- Well, I guess that leaves my site off the hook. Because we sure aren't making any money at it!Apr 29, 2012
- :-) Joking aside thoughyou should take care. Whether you make money or not, when you publish a website you are a publisher bound by the same copyright rules as everyone else, so you should make sure you understand the law before being flippant about what you believe your rights ought to be. You should be wary, too, of copyright trolls, who may sue you without warning if you are copying content they own.
Here are some interesting links for you.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/business/media/02scrape.html?pagewanted=allApr 29, 2012
- laws and society don't change unless they are challenged to do so.Apr 29, 2012
- Challenging a law that everyone is happy with just to suit your own agenda (ie, not bothering to write your own content) is a route to failure. Just publish good content of your own and stop trying to justify theft.Apr 29, 2012
- Apr 29, 2012
- I haven't seen the EOS symbol ~30~ used in a while.Apr 29, 2012