Origins of home and biz:
From the golden wheat fields of Oklahoma, I moved to Washington, DC where my good husband and I still reside. It's an incredible city that feeds my addiction to architecture, a topic I blog about often through photography and video storytelling. Speech history and powerful language have been a passion for years. My business is helping public speakers develop strong voice and message for their audiences -- having worked with all levels of leaders, entrepreneurs, and advocates along the way. I've personally presented on TEDx and keynote stages, and am now transitioning my business to "taking my own advice" more fully, and speaking more consistently (vs coaching) as a keynoter and public storyteller.
History with the great WomenGrowBiz community:
It's been a big joy meeting many of the community bloggers and members offline (and online) since I launched WomenGrowBiz as founding editor a while back. It was a life changing experience; one which Tinu has expanded with her strong, wonderful leadership.
Can't wait to talk more on G+!
Featured in the Huffington Post and cited by ForbesWoman as one of 30 women entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter, Jill Foster is founder of LiveYourTalk’s blog. A former coach to public speakers in the Washington, DC region, Jill has worked with award-winning entrepreneurs, CEOs, and innovators makin’ it happen as public speakers — on stages likeTED and TEDx, Ignite, plus a variety of keynotes around the globe. A social technology advocate, her work has been in conversation in The Washington Post, Huffington Post, Guardian UK, Washingtonian Magazine, and a range of media outlets.Plus:
- Forbes and one of 30 women entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter;
- Washingtonian's Tech Titans 100 for community building and business mentorship;
- The Washington Post as an up-and-comer breaking down the digital divide plus The Huffington Post for championing women in technology;
- Guardian UK on mobile blogging the Democratic National Convention08 (video interview);
- iStrategy Lab’s Apps for Democracy and winning the Social Citizen Award on how technology could help communities in Washington, DC;
- Social Fish and the impact of the BlogPotomac series (video interview).
- Southern Methodist University
- Live Your Talkfounder and blogger, present
202 203 0255