I am Cofounder of OnBeep, a stealthy wearable communications startup in San Francisco. We are hiring!
Prior to that I cofounded Chef (formerly Opscode) and served for 3 years as CEO, then Chief Community Officer, and now continue to serve as an advisor.
I invest & advise disruptive technology startups led by amazing founders, including PagerDuty, Message Bus, and Fastly.
I was founding chair of the Velocity Web Performance & Operations Conference, editor of the Web Operations book, and a contributor to the O’Reilly Radar blog.
Prior to O'Reilly, I served for 5 years as Amazon.com's “Master of Disaster” where I was responsible for Website Availability for every website bearing the Amazon brand. The knowledge, experiences, and opportunities to make big changes at Amazon set the direction & trajectory of my career.
I am a Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Manager, and I led a task force deployed in Operation Hurricane Katrina. My experiences in the fire service profoundly influence my work in technology, and I strive to distill my knowledge from these two worlds and apply it in service of both.
- Mission CollegeFire Science
- United States Space CampSpace Exploration
OnBeep, Inc. 2125 Mission Street #201 San Francisco, CA 94110
- OnBeepFounder, 2013 - presentI am Founder & CEO of OnBeep, a design oriented wearable communications startup in San Francisco with an amazing team. We are hiring.
- Chef (formerly Opscode)Founder, 2008 - 2013I cofounded Chef and served for 3 years as CEO. Chef makes software that automates internet servers & infrastructure for companies like Facebook, Google, and Yahoo.
- O'Reilly MediaFounder of Velocity, 2007 - 2011I was founding chair of the Velocity Web Performance, & Operations Conference, editor of the Web Operations book, and a contributor to the O’Reilly Radar blog. These efforts became in what we now call the DevOps movement.
- AmazonMaster of Disaster