- Watershed CommunicationsAccount Coordinator, 2012 - present- Write, edit, and proofread materials for correct grammar and AP style - Track media coverage for clients with Cision, Google, and an RSS reader and provide 90-day status reports with analysis and recommendations for future campaigns - Draft agendas, take meeting notes, and provide recaps for internal and client meetings - Pitch television, newspaper, and blogger media client events and news - Write news releases for multiple events that have resulted in television, newspaper and online media mentions - Build targeted media lists with Cision for multiple campaigns - Update internal database with key media in print, television and online organizations - Research, compile, and edit award material for clients - Produce weekly social media content for Watershed Communications as well as promote events from personal social media platforms - Trained and supervise an intern for a role I previously performed for first three months of employment
- Singley + MackieBrand Specialist, 2011 - 2012- Created monthly content calendars for Electronic Arts and Time Life featuring daily posts for their Facebook and Twitter profiles - Received high-level experience with Facebook analytics & advertising, Twitter analytics & advertising and Simply Measured analytics including using Boolean searches and manipulation of data in Excel - Refined SEO on all Time Life YouTube videos and increased 3 – 4% of views in 3 months - Had a hugely successful "Hashtag Art" campaign with Electronic Arts which generated 18.3MM potential impressions, 34,000 page views and 10,800 interactions with the brand - Increased exposure for Time Life on Twitter by interacting with famous and influential people like rapper Chuck D of Public Enemy (124k followers); pop singer, Jody Watley (46k followers); actor, Matthew Modine (8k followers) and MSNBC reporter Chuck Todd (210k followers) - Performed SWOT analysis of clients and competitors in the digital landscape - Wrote and constructed in-depth client reports including results from campaigns and recommendations for the future - Intern for first three months of employment
- CD/Game ExchangeSales Associate, 2004 - 2011- Used key contacts in radio industry to process wholesale orders and saved 40% in costs of product - One of two employees who handled online sales and communication through Amazon with an average 99% feedback rating - Use specialized knowledge of music, movie, and video game media to provide customers with recommendations tailored to his or her tastes
- Flux MagazinePublic Relations Excecutive, 2011 - 2011- Aided advertising department in procurement of paid advertising for print issue attaining 75% of new clientele and an added $400 to the print budget - Attained two of five key businesses around the campus area to distribute the annual print magazine to a target audience of Flux Magazine
- Oregon Daily EmeraldSocial Media Intern, 2009 - 2009
- KWVA 88.1 FMSponsorship Coordinator, 2009 - 2010- Entered the position with no existing advertising clients and attained 10+ paying clients for non-profit sponsorship of KWVA - Leveraged KWVA as an affordable place to advertise with aid from the radio station’s monthly newsletter, Twitter and Facebook
- KWVA 88.1 FMLoud Rock Format Director, 2004 - 2009- More than doubled existing nationwide label and promotional contacts upon entry into position - Conducted phone and in-person interviews with nationwide touring band members - Reviewed and charted an average of 10 music albums on a weekly basis, year-round for College Music Journal - Attained personalized station IDs from famous musicians to further promote KWVA - On-air personality for "Slaughter on the Dance Floor", a two-hour radio show dedicated to the loud rock music genre for over five years
- University of OregonJournalism - Public Relations, 2009 - 2011
- Lane Community CollegeTransfer Degree, 2005 - 2009
Gamasutra: David Mitchell's Blog - Tips for exhibiting your game
Last weekend I was at the EGX Rezzed show at the NEC Birmingham. Since our game is as yet unannounced and in very early stages we weren't ex
My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys… err… PR Measurement Pros
PR Superheroes created the Barcelona Principles, leading to 3 types of PR measurement: media, customer and business impact. Each simplified
News: Next Xbox One update revealed - release date, screenshot and detai...
Microsoft will release an Xbox One system update on Tuesday 11th February, chief product officer Marc Whitten has just announced on Xbox Wir
At 20 Million Copies Sold, Skyrim Is in the Top 20 Bestselling Games of ...
That's across all platforms: PlayStation 3, Windows and Xbox 360.
How To Turbocharge Your Writing For Public Relations
Public Relations is the persuasion business. You are trying to convince the media, the public, your employees, your vendors, shareholders, s
INFOGRAPHIC: Facebook Contest Ideas For Each Month Of 2014 - AllFacebook
Facebook page administrators who made New Year’s resolutions to run one contest for each month of 2014: Facebook application developer Antav
Seven Really Annoying Habits to Ditch Right Now - MediaJobsDaily
Seven Really Annoying Habits to Ditch Right Now
Gamasutra: Johan Toresson's Blog - Defining Your USPs And Positioning Yo...
View All RSS. January 13, 2014. Square Enix Co., Ltd. Physics Programmer; Square Enix Co., Ltd. Animation Programmer; Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Gamasutra: James Marsden's Blog - Three essential tips for indies in 201...
In today's socially connected world where relationships are fundamental to success, these tips could make all the difference. At last, they'
Vlambeer co-founder shares advice on building better action games
The co-creator of games like Ridiculous Fishing and Super Crate Box shared a bunch of great tips for making your action games feel better du
Playing catch-up with some of the holiday’s stealth game releases
Check out five smaller games you might have missed over the holiday season.
Wise Men Say: Download special four-song digital album of Spread The Lov...
Throughout the 2013 season, the Portland Timbers Spread The Love project worked to introduce and involve a new community of fans who may hav
the New School: 8 Winter Beers & Ciders You Should Be Drinking
Winter is here and the dark and rainy weather heralds a new line of seasonal beers and ciders to match our palates. While we all have favori
the New School: Exclusive Look at the Beer List for Beers Made By Walking
Hopworks brewer Amelia Pillow set out on the trail to Bagby Hot Springs in search of edible plants and found some vanilla leaf. The plant is
Soulfy, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, The Mars Volta supergroup g...
The supergroup we've been raving about for a couple months now consisting of members Max Cavalera of Soulfly fame, Greg Puciato of The Dilli