We just got back from a weekend in Yountville, where we celebrated's birthday at The French Laundry. I wouldn't mind making this an annual tradition :P
French Laundry 2014
4 Photos - View album
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Happy birthday, Nick!!!!Jun 29, 2014
- Is it true a meal there is 5 hours?Jun 30, 2014
- Ours was almost three hours. Given that it's nine courses, for it to last 5 hours, that would have to be some incredibly slow pacing of the courses. Or we could have just sat there at the end enjoying tea and the various candies at the end. The longest meal I think we've had was about 3 hours 30 minutes at Saison.Jun 30, 2014
- How long ago did you make the reservation? Wifeberg once got us a 5PM reservation at Bouchon with two days notice.Jun 30, 2014
- Since their books open 2 months out, I planned on making a reservation 2 months out, and got very lucky :)Jun 30, 2014
- Did you enjoy The French Laundry? Where else did you guys eat?Jul 12, 2014
- Yeah, it was amazing! :) We tried to go to Bouchon Bakery for a morning pastry, but the line was too long, so we got a pastry basket at Bouchon instead, which sufficed. And then the next day for lunch, I wanted to try Bottega, Michael Chiarello's restaurant, and I was happy with the pasta dishes there. Nick was skeptical at first, but he enjoyed his tagliarini bolognese.
Also, say 'Hi' to for us the next time you see her!Jul 12, 2014
- , how did you make your reservations? By phone or via the internet? It looks like the website temporarily points to a mobile app that utilizes Open Table. We're considering using French Laundry to bribe the grandparents to come baby sit during a wedding in Yountville =PAug 8, 2014
Add a comment...