test posting from Ubuntu on my Galaxy Nexus
59 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- ThanksFeb 21, 2013
- Yeah I have a nexus 7 which I will install it on.Feb 21, 2013
- Yep no VZW Nexus (That sucks)Feb 21, 2013
- also looks like i have to have ubuntu to install this. Now I have to create a VM to do this.Feb 21, 2013
- Newbie here. I have some minor experience with ubuntu on desktop. I never was proficient with the terminal. It appears that the only way to flash this would be with Ubuntu installed on your desktop, which I don't. So some stupid questions :
1) These instructions will work even with a bootable disc, correct?
2) my Nexus is already has an unlocked bootloader and is rooted. I can skip step 2?
3) what is this bootstrap business?
Thanks in advance for helping out a fellow in advanceFeb 21, 2013
- There are only 2 files that you need to flash, CWM or TWRP needed. Ubuntu is not needed to flash these on your Gnex.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078691 (In the OP) is what you need to do, step 4 and 5 basically. Links are there for the files.
Toro and toroplus (CDMA) will be able to use the Maguro (GSM) files listed above, but you won't be able to make/recieve calls and texts, obviously. Warning: No sound support, some people are saying wireless is slow. I wouldn't be using this as a daily driver yet but when it is more mature I will flash and try it out.Feb 21, 2013