- Geneva CollegeSystems and Network Administrator, 2012 - presentLead in high level and complex technical support and troubleshooting of server and computer issues. Apply a thorough understanding of policy, practices and technology to recommend and implement innovative hardware and software solutions. Daily monitoring and maintenance of servers, applications, storage, phone system and backups to ensure compliance with IT policies and best practices. Plan, provision and deploy physical/virtual servers and NFS/SAN storage as needed for new projects and upgrades to meet business objectives. Review, document and revise complex systems and procedures to simplify processes for end users and IT personnel. Schedule time regularly to train and mentor other IT personnel. Managed multiple high priority projects with multiple vacancies in the department for a period of six months. Planned and managed an Active Directory domain migration to simplify user account creation, user account management and administration. Reviewed and redesigned Active Directory OU and Group Policy organization to simplify management and allow greater flexibility.
- Geneva CollegeNetwork Analyst, 2011 - 2012Planning, set-up, implementation and maintenance for a group of networks to include physical servers, virtual server cluster and virtual desktop infrastructure. Primary responsibility for various telephone related systems such as Cisco Call Manager, ISI call accounting system, Cisco Emergency Responder, Callegra .UC, as well as primary responsibility for telecom physical plant.
- Geneva CollegeSystems Analyst of Telecommunications, 2005 - 2011Transitioned 2000 users from Avaya Definity G3i PBX to Cisco CallManager. Managed 350 IP phones on Cisco CallManager and 400 analog lines connected to voice gateways. Managed Callegra .UC voice mail system for 2000 users. Performed Active Directory and Exchange account creation and administration functions. Tested and recommended new technologies and procedures based on the impact to the college. Tested and deployed 200 desktop machines using Windows 7 and Server 2008 to a new AD domain by designing the OU structure, Group Policies, and Security Groups. Managed student workers who aid in various lab maintenance, testing and deployment tasks. Help Desk experience supporting first and second level technicians and resolving complex trouble tickets in an efficient and organized manner. Daily monitoring and maintenance of servers, applications, and backups to ensure compliance with IT policies and best practices.
- Geneva CollegePC Support Specialist, 2004 - 2005Built, tested and deployed machine images using Symantec Ghost for faculty, staff and computer labs. Provided support and training on software and hardware for faculty and staff. Supported Network Analyst to transition from Novell Netware to Windows Active Directory. Assisted with creation and testing of AD Group Policies and Security Groups. First level Help Desk phone and desktop support.
- Geneva CollegeNovell Lab Assistant, 2003 - 2004Assisted Network Analyst with printer installs and management, Novell server management, and Groupwise administration. Configured, deployed, and maintained computer labs software and hardware.
Hi, my name is Jeremy Yerse and I am a husband, systems and network administrator, and business owner.
During the day I get to work for Geneva College as the Systems and Network Administrator. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with my wife, watching the Pittsburgh Penguins, playing hockey, developing websites, and riding my motorcycle. Over the past 10 years I have been creating websites and managing servers but recently decided to launch yersemedia.com. I enjoy helping other small business owners with website development, design, marketing, social media, SEO, hosting, backups and with any other technology questions they have. I am also a member at Air Heritage Inc. where I help with the website, computer networking, and with other odd jobs around the hangar.
Geneva College – Systems and Network Administrator
I have worked in many different areas over the years but primarily focus now on server infrastructure and architecture, telecommunications, project management, security, backups and Windows server administration.
VMware: vSphere and View
Cisco: UCS, CallManager, CER, and IP Phones
Dell: PowerEdge servers and EqualLogic iSCSI SANs
Microsoft: Server 2003/2008R2, Active Directory, and Group Policy
Veeam: Backup and Replication
Yerse Media – Owner
Yerse Media strives to help organizations create affordable and professional websites. Using open, reliable and expandable platforms we create a simple and reliable experience for organizations and their customers.
- Geneva CollegeComputer Science