It is not news that animals have been cloned, however cloning humans was always in the realm of science fiction.
Korean researchers have managed to produce stem cells (i.e cells that are can transform into any other cell of the body.)
"The scientists, whose study now appears in Cell, extracted skin cells from two adult males, aged 35 and 75. The DNA was then fused with human eggs donated by four adult women."
Nikon sent me a Service acknowledgement and estimate, $224 plus $12.50 shipping (which means they ship without insurance, btw. - seriously?) to repair what is actually a design flaw in the D800 camera.
I added the reference number of the conversation I had with the service administration prior to sending the camera in. They didn't even bother to look at it I think, so it's up to me to go back discussing the issue with them. I didn't really expect anything else. What a disappointment.
#d800 #nikon #fail
- setcomProduct Manager, 2012 - present
- Middlesex UniversityLecturer, 2010 - 2013
- IBMSenior Business Consultant, 2009 - 2010
- setcomSenior Sales Engineer, 2006 - 2009
- GFI SoftwareSenior Software Engineer, 1997 - 2006
- Charles de Giorgio Ltd.Junior Store Worker, 1996 - 1997
I post about science, technology, education and humor. I also post outdoor photos from time to time.
I am also the main curator of the MaltaPlus, a circle of the most interesting Maltese plussers. You can see the circle here: MaltaPlus Circle
- Middlesex UniversityMSc Business Information Systems Management, 2011 - 2013
- London Metropolitan UniversityBSc Computing and Information Systems, 2003 - 2005
- NCC EducationAdvanced Diploma
- De La Salle College MaltaPrimary and Secondary School
NASA's Kepler mission announces a planet bonanza, 715 new worlds
NASA's Kepler mission announced Wednesday the discovery of 715 new planets. These newly-verified worlds orbit 305 stars, revealing multiple-
BlackBerry posts larger-than-expected loss, shares plunge
Shares of BlackBerry plunged nearly 30 per cent Friday after the company posted a loss and warned of future losses despite releasing its mak