- iVisionPrincipal Architect, 2014 - presentAs a principal architect I am focused on evangelizing, building, and meeting the Custom Application Development needs of iVision's clients. I will help define the core technology and business solution offerings to grow and mature the practice. I will work with teams across the organization to evolve the application delivery framework and cultivate external partnerships that drive overall strategy. I will live by iVision's core client engagement values for "white glove service" with daily focus on engineering excellence, hybrid IT, intelligent business and working smarter.
- Wintellect, LLCPrincipal Consultant, 2014Jeremy left AirWatch to pursue his desire to reach more developers and become more involved with mentoring through public speaking, open source projects, and book authoring. Jeremy was hired by the internationally respected consulting firm Wintellect in 2009. He quickly advanced from Senior Consultant to Project Manager then Principal Consultant. At Wintellect he has provided solutions to Fortune 500 Companies, engaged in detailed architecture assessments, helped pilot exciting new technologies as they emerged, trained teams across the country, authored thousands of lines of code for enterprise web applications an managed teams from a single to a dozen developers. While working at Wintellect he authored three books (Designing Silverlight Business Applications, Building Windows 8 Apps with C# and XAML, and the soon-to-be released Windows Runtime by Example), coordinated several open source projects (an MVVM framework named Jounce and a Silverlight database engine called Sterling as well as a NuGet package for installing AngularJS components), and recorded several on-demand video training demonstrations. He has spoken every year at conferences around the United States from Microsoft’s World Partner Conference in Los Angeles to DevLink in Chattanooga. Jeremy was given Microsoft’s prestigious Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award in 2010, was named MVP of the year for his product group that first year, and has continued to receive that award for four years in row.
- AirWatchDirector IT, 2006 - 2009(WanderingWiFi) Jeremy was invited by former Manhattan Associates CEO Alan Dabbiere to partner with him and founder John Marshall build a new technology company. As the third employee, Jeremy was responsible for building AirWatch (then called Wandering WiFi) from a small WiFi provisioning operation to a nationally recognized provider of mobile enterprise management. He assembled his own desk on his first day at the office, helped take out the trash and locked the doors before sleeping in the sales office while in the process of moving his family back to Atlanta from Florida. He transitioned the company from aging Java technology to the .NET Framework, migrated them from MySQL to SQL 2005 (and later 2008) and scaled the application infrastructure. The original app required several servers to support hundreds of clients, compared to the revamped architecture that scaled to thousands of clients on a single server. Jeremy helped hire and train the first support team and then turned the process over to develop as a separate department. He configured and set up the first network, helped bring the company’s Exchange server online and built out the first data centers before hiring a data center manager to take over. He served as database architect for the database systems until he was able to hire a full-time SQL architect to grow a dedicated database team. He built a development team of a dozen developers spread across multiple projects working on Android, Blackberry, iPhone, and Microsoft technology stacks. Throughout this process he focused on creating repeatable scaled business processes that helped empower the company to become an international corporation with thousands of employees that was recently acquired by VMWare for $1.5 billion.
- HolaDoctorDirector IT, 2002 - 2004(Also known as Dr. Tango and Hispanicare). Jeremy was hired by HolaDoctor (then called Dr. Tango) CEO Roberto Estrada to direct their (then) fledgling IT department. The company had recently down-sized after a previous merge and was interested in Jeremy because of his passion for health and wellness (he was a Certified Fitness Trainer and Specialist in Performance Nutrition through the International Sports Sciences Association), his technology experience, and his ability to speak fluent Spanish. At HolaDoctor Jeremy worked directly with Roberto and EVP Dr. Dirk Schroeder and started by renegotiating the current phone system contracts to save the company thousands in monthly costs with a plan that included unlimited calls to the Central American countries where translation services were provided. He then negotiated reduced rates for their online service providers. He led the expansion of the local network infrastructure and extended the office network into new offices as the result of growth. He built and led a team of developers to migrate the company’s flagship product from a classic ASP application with data logic directly in the web pages to a multi-tier, multi-lingual, multi-tenant product ready to scale across white labeled customers and resellers. Jeremy served as architect and lead developer on the project, writing code for key modules and working shoulder-to-shoulder with the team (and sitting chair-by-chair with his team when they celebrated by watching the premiere of the Fellowship of the Ring).
- Golden Summit Inc.CEO, 2004 - 2009(Natural Physiques and Lose Fat, Not Faith) Golden Summit Inc. was incorporated in 2004 to host Jeremy's online fitness properties. As CEO and founder, Jeremy built a content rich website and designed the graphics, layouts, articles, advertisements, fitness tools, and online payment processing for the sites. The NaturalPhysiques.com property ranked in the top percentile of all websites (per Alexa ranking with 3,000+ unique daily visitors) prior to its sale. Jeremy developed, produced, marketed, and sold digital, print, and media products ranging from CDs to books. The business generated residual income through sales of affiliate products, advertising, and other channels. Jeremy successfully drove traffic through organic searches by achieving top 10 search engine rankings for high demand terms including "lose fat," "fat loss," "weight loss podcast," to generate daily qualified leads through organic non-paid search queries. As a Certified Trainer, Specialist in Performance Nutrition and a life coach, Jeremy consulted clients to assist them with releasing fat. He augmented one-on-one coaching with telephone-based and live seminars to educate people about steps they can take to improve their health and lifestyle. His podcast in 2005 was one of the first in the fitness industry and featured healthy tips and tricks along with interviews of successful health coaches and success stories of individuals who transformed their lives. (see article at http://bit.ly/1pemp6v). Jeremy grew the business to six figures as the sole employee by it's third year. He shifted his focus to part-time when he accepted the offer to board AirWatch as its third employee and help launch its success in Atlanta.
C#er : IMage: ALM with TFS: From the Drawing Board to the Clou
I recently gave a lunch and learn at iVision about the features that Team Foundation Server provides for Application Lifecycle Management. I
C#er : IMage: Video: Quick Tip for Debugging AngularJS Applications
Many online demos show small AngularJS apps that are easy to troubleshoot because you can practically memorize the code when the examples ar
C#er : IMage: Programming the Windows Runtime (WinRT) by Example
In 2011 I heard the first rumors about Windows 8 and knew immediately what my next book would be about. Unlike Designing Silverlight Busines
C#er : IMage: Learn Angular JS, Explained with Answers, Videos and Fiddles
Having worked on various enterprise Angular projects our teams have been faced with myriad challenges to overcome and has quite a bit of “in
C#er : IMage: Angular: The Modern HTML5 Answer to Silverlight’s MVVM
First, let me say that I realize Silverlight in no way “owns” the Model-View-View Model pattern. I've written on this extensively in my arti
The Top 10 Reasons Web Developers Should Learn Angular
Angular is trending, and for a good reason. It is not just a fad, but a valuable tool that enables developers to build better client-centric
The Cooking In Sanity Project: Mastering the Art of Culinary Madness
My crazy culinary goal for 2014! The Cooking in Sanity Project: Mastering the Art of Culinary Madness Post by Lizzie Marie Cuisine.
Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru
The ultimate source for airplane seating, in-flight amenities, and airline information.
Lizzie's Crafty Corner: Welcome to Lizzie's Crafty Corner!
Welcome to Lizzie's Crafty Corner! Crafts have always played a part in my life. My Ma (grandma) used to sew me dresses and cloth books a