The honey carrier from eBusingatha (aka Mhwabane Shelter). Digital tracing.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I think this is a male figure. He is facing left, is bleeding from the nose and wears an antelope head cap on his head. In one raised hand he carries some combs and all around are bees. In front of him is painted an antelope, also facing left. 'Carrying honey' is a trope or metaphor, amongst other things, for control over bees. To carry honey was also to bring it home and to share it.Jun 21, 2015
- Beautifully detailed painting.Jun 30, 2015
- Hallo Jeremy, Would it be alright to use this or another of your honey-bee rock art images in a post we'll be writing about bees and rockart please? Of course with credit and link back to source.Nov 26, 2015
- Hello TARA, you are welcome to use the imagesNov 27, 2015
- Also see my paper in Azania that discusses these images http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Gt77dVhuII4PwZG4rKcf/fullNov 27, 2015