THIS is what I've been waiting for! I just tried it, and it's amazing.
"Alexa, turn on stairway light" and almost instantly the light turns on.
I'll have to check if there's scene support, but already I'm super excited. I don't have any WeMo devices, but here are some things Amazon recommends you try if you do:
"Alexa, turn on the hallway light"
"Alexa, turn on the coffee maker"
"Alexa, dim the living room lights to 20%"
"Alexa, turn on the electric blanket"
"Alexa, turn on the outdoor decorations"
Answer: house centipede. A 'harmless predator'... riiiight.
The most popular (and arguably the best) Android Wear smartwatch from is on sale at Amazon.com right now only $179. That's incredible. Sure, the Moto 360 might be 7 months old and there's rumors of a second model in the works, but at this price, that's a hell of a deal.
I love my Moto 360 and use it daily.
Some people aren't a fan of the "flat tire" but honestly, I don't even notice it anymore. Plus, certain faces use the black line at the bottom in their designs to make it more appealing.
Curious about the watchfaces we use with Android Wear? Be sure to check out all of the #WatchFaceWednesday posts from the past few weeks.
- Shaking Earth DigitalAndroid Developer, 2011 - present
- Left Field LabsAndroid Developer, 2012 - 2012
- MiradaAndroid Developer, 2012 - 2012
- MiradaVisual Effects Artist, 2011 - 2012
- MethodVisual Effects Artist, 2011 - 2011
- Dreamworks AnimationVisual Effects Artist, 2010 - 2011
- Asylum Visual EffectsVisual Effects Artist, 2008 - 2010
- Digital DomainTechnical Director, 2001 - 2008
For a resume of sorts, check out this link:
- Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
- Art Institute, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Watch the Google Cardboard presentation for Sundance in your living room
VR experiences are making a big splash at the Sundance Film Festival this year, and Google is among the names showing up to deliver a visual
Create a Custom-Styled UI Slider (SeekBar) in Android | MokaSocial
An Android slider (or a SeekBar as it's called in the Android world) is a pretty slick UI tool which we recently used in our Call Your Folks