- University of IowaBA Human ServicesCertificate in Community Services/Concentration in Business
- Kirkwood Community CollegeAA Liberal Arts
My career emphases is on Human Services/Social Work and I currently enjoy reading and research on the topic.
My spiritual side enjoys meditation and the divination practices of Tarot and Pendulum dousing.
I am a vegan and enjoy exploring new foods and recipes.
- Optimae LifeservicesProgram Director, 2014 - presentPromoted to Program Director to oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Linn County office including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling program activities.
- Unitarian Universalist Society of Iowa CityMember (Volunteer), 2014 - presentVoting member of the congregation, member of the Fireside Choir, member of the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans
- Housing Trust Fund of Johnson CountyMember Board of Trustees (Volunteer), 2013 - presentNonprofit Organization providing affordable rentals and home ownership
- Optimae LifeservicesTeam Lead, 2013 - 2014Promoted to Team Lead to provide guidance and supervision to Community Support Staff. Required to be a competent resource for both community and site staff. Expected to serve as a role model for the provision of quality services by demonstrating responsible, ethical, customer-centered behaviors.
- Optimae Life ServicesCommunity Support Staff, 2012 - 2013Hired to provide assistance to people living in the community as they move to achieve personal goals of their own choice. Required to assist individuals in the expansion of their abilities, empowering them to choose and be successful in valued roles within their living, learning, working and social environments.
- Marsh & McLennan CompaniesBilling Coordinator, 2000 - 2010Hired to maintain a professional relationship with company clients who provide benefits to their employees. Required to update company records with changing employees and well as employee life events. Provided guidance on benefit plan guidelines and enrollment and claims processes.
- Pearson PLCSenior Information Specialist, 1999 - 2000Promoted to Senior Representative. In addition to previous duties, required to work with supervisory staff on various tasks including new employee training, call monitoring and feedback and guidance on escalated calls.
- Pearson PLCInformation Specialist, 1998 - 1999Hired to respond to student inquiries regarding student loans for the Department of Education. Required to provide account information and guidance pertaining to account balance and repayment.
- Boy Scouts of AmericaCouncil Member (Volunteer), 2003 - 2010Youth organization
What Ever Happened to Your Childlike Sense of Wonder?
Perhaps the only way to achieve greatness is to reconnect with our inner child and relearn how to experience awe.
14 Tips for Starting and Sticking with a Workout Routine
Check out some fun and inspiring ideas from Julie Isphording, former Olympian marathon runner.
5 Motivating Goals That Result in Weight Loss (without Trying)
Step away from the scale! Here are five goals to focus on besides your weight--that will actually help you lose more weight in the long run.
New Changes to SparkPeople Articles and Resource Pages!
Hear about our latest site updates!
Natural Health News and Wellness Tips: 12 Lessons About Eating We Can Le...
The French diet is full of flavor and high in satisfaction. They don't believe in low-fat, low-carb, low-taste, or low-calorie, but they do
How To Get Rid Of Toxic Employees - And Hire Right
Employees can be the greatest thing or the worst nightmare for a business owner - it all depends on who you hire and who you decide to keep.
When the French clock off at 6pm, they really mean it
A new labour agreement in France means that employees must ignore their bosses' work emails once they are out of the office and relaxing at
'Breaking Bad's' Bryan Cranston: ObamaCare 'Fantastic, Wants More Obama ...
Bryan Cranston of "Breaking Bad" fame calls ObamaCare "fantastic" and wants President Obama to wield his executive order powers to build his
How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems : zenhabits
By Leo Babauta. There was a time when I was overweight, but didn't want to admit it to myself. I didn't feel in control of my health, becaus