- Unitarian Universalist Society of Iowa CityMember (Volunteer), 2014 - presentVoting member of the congregation, member of the Fireside Choir, member of the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans
- Housing Trust Fund of Johnson CountyMember Board of Trustees (Volunteer), 2013 - presentNonprofit Organization providing affordable rentals and home ownership
- Optimae Life ServicesTeam Lead, 2013 - presentPromoted to Team Lead to provide guidance and supervision to Community Support Staff. Required to be a competent resource for both community and site staff. Expected to serve as a role model for the provision of quality services by demonstrating responsible, ethical, customer-centered behaviors. Continue to perform duties of Community Support Staff as indicated below. Assist in maintaining adequate Community Support Staff including recruiting, application screening, and interviewing. Train new Community Support Staff and provide continued support following training. Meet with clients regularly to ensure that Community Support Staff are meeting their needs. Maintain up to date client files and ensure that all Community Support Staff are as well.
- Optimae Life ServicesCommunity Support Staff, 2012 - 2013Hired to provide assistance to people living in the community as they move to achieve personal goals of their own choice. Required to assist individuals in the expansion of their abilities, empowering them to choose and be successful in valued roles within their living, learning, working and social environments. Recognize and document goal progress and relevant personal interventions in an objective manner Support clients as they identify and build natural supports for their needs Coordinate multiple client schedules including appointments with health care and other providers Research available community resources and reinforce their use Maintain regular communication with client case workers/social workers to ensure that clients needs are being met
- Marsh & McLennan CompaniesBilling Coordinator, 2000 - 2010Hired to maintain a professional relationship with company clients who provide benefits to their employees. Required to update company records with changing employees and well as employee life events. Provided guidance on benefit plan guidelines and enrollment and claims processes. Updating and billing client insurance premium statements. Provide customer service through professional correspondence with clients, brokers, sales representatives, and carriers. Balance monthly billing statements for existing clients and make adjustments as necessary to the statements. Analyze client plan documents to insure implementation of Insurance plan guidelines. Act as liaison between clients and carriers to resolve claim and enrollment issues. Implement peer education on continually changing industry policies and guidelines.
- Pearson PLCSenior Information Specialist, 1999 - 2000Promoted to Senior Representative. In addition to previous duties, required to work with supervisory staff on various tasks including new employee training, call monitoring and feedback and guidance on escalated calls. Monitor and provide feedback to other specialists. Assist in the design, development, and delivery of new or temporary employee training and maintain department records. Responsible for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of department tasks and goals. Provide leadership and guidance in all processing activities to Public Inquiry Contract Staff. Assume coordination responsibility for department in absence of supervisory staff.
- Pearson PLCInformation Specialist, 1998 - 1999Hired to respond to student inquiries regarding student loans for the Department of Education. Required to provide account information and guidance pertaining to account balance and repayment. Respond to inquiries regarding student loan information for the department of Education Process customer financial statements. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal regulations and policies as they apply to student financial aid.
- Boy Scouts of AmericaCouncil Member (Volunteer), 2003 - 2010Youth organization
My career emphases is on Human Services/Social Work and I currently enjoy reading and research on the topic.
My spiritual side enjoys meditation and the divination practices of Tarot and Pendulum dousing.
I am a vegan and enjoy exploring new foods and recipes.
- University of IowaHuman Services, 2012 - present
- Kirkwood Community CollegeLiberal Arts, 2010 - 2011
- WACO HighschoolGeneral Education, 1988 - 1992
When the French clock off at 6pm, they really mean it
A new labour agreement in France means that employees must ignore their bosses' work emails once they are out of the office and relaxing at
'Breaking Bad's' Bryan Cranston: ObamaCare 'Fantastic, Wants More Obama ...
Bryan Cranston of "Breaking Bad" fame calls ObamaCare "fantastic" and wants President Obama to wield his executive order powers to build his
How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems : zenhabits
By Leo Babauta. There was a time when I was overweight, but didn't want to admit it to myself. I didn't feel in control of my health, becaus
Want To Be A More Productive Employee? Get on Social Networks. - Forbes
Do you Tweet, Pin, or use Facebook and LinkedIn at work? Don’t feel guilty about it – be proud! You’re becoming a more productive employee.
Promotion Killers: Not Staying Current | CAREEREALISM
Not being current is a sure-fire way to sabotage your promotion opportunities. Find out how you can stay up-to-date and on track for a promo
Career Transitions: Blank Pages Waiting To Be Filled | CAREEREALISM
There is a lot of talk today about career transitions. Because of the economy, transitioning into a new career is a frequent occurrence toda
Modern Witch Volume 4 Cover Released | Modern Witch Online
It brings us great happiness to release the cover of Modern Witch Volume 4! Submission deadline is in just 48 hours! Click here for info. Vo