I REALLY disagree with this! Yes, it's ok to see what's working for other people in your niche, in your industry, but I REALLY believe that you have to develop your OWN VOICE!
If you just copy what other people in your niche are posting, then people are not getting to know the REAL you and quite honestly, you will not see the results that you were hoping for!
Friends, don't copy what works for someone else on Social Media! Find your voice! Find what's unique about YOU and then post that! #BeDifferent #BeWorthFollowing
While seeing all of these stories, you can’t help but to think:
✔ The last date night I had with my husband was when we were dating
✔ I wish I had money for a vacation, it would be nice to get away
✔ I hate my job and honestly, if I could quit today, I would but I have too much debt to pay off
✔ Girls weekend getaway? I wish I had the time, the money and close friends to get away with
✔ I’ve been working my business for over three years now and I’m lucky if I can make $5,000 in 6-months.
The list goes on and on. After awhile, you will walk away from your computer and/or mobile device feeling sad, depressed, overwhelmed, and/or anxious....
1) There are MULTIPLE industry related books out there that you can read and that don't cost as much as attending a conference would. Get into the habit of reading.
2) Many times, the speakers at those conferences, have books, freebies or low cost items based on what they are speaking on. Get those!
3) 99% of these conferences utilize a hashtag. Follow the hashtag on social media. Get a variety of tips and such from people who are actively sharing what they are learning.
4) Many conference attendees will write a blog post about their biggest takeaways. Read those posts!
Don't despair when your budget will not allow you to attend the conferences that you long to attend! There are other ways to get the information that you are looking for!
Know what your priorities are. Know what your goals are. Don't fall prey to "what everyone else is doing." Do what's right for you, your business, your budget, your family!
#BusinessTip #Entrepreneur #SmallBusiness
✔ Wants a new career in social media
✔ Wants to upgrade their skills in social media
✔ Wants to rock their personal social media platforms in 2015
✔ Wants to handle social media for their employer
This could be the best present you give yourself this year!
PS: I've added an extra special bonus too for anyone that signs-up and pays in full by December 19th! Click below to get all the details! www.ibloom.co/sm
So with that said, here's a few "tips" when it comes to succeeding on social media:
* Stop obsessing over the numbers. Instead, focus on those who are already a part of your community and give them your absolute BEST!
* Stop obsessing over having a post go viral. That is what I call, "The Myth of Viral Marketing." Stop looking for that one post that will bring you thousands of likes, shares, and comments. Instead, look for ways to help and bring value. When you do that, numbers will come.
* Stop obsessing over what your competitors are doing. You do your own thing. You #BeDifferent. You #BeWorthFollowing. People will notice.
* Stop obsessing over perfection. Just do it. Just get that video out there. Just reach out to that person you have been meaning to contact. Just take that course. Just write that blog post. Stop waiting and just live your life!
The end. :-) #SocialMediaTip #SocialMediaTips
Dr. Jen Bennett is the Inspirational Communication Specialist and Project Manager at iBloom. Jen’s passion is helping businesses, ministries and individuals, #BeWorthFollowing. Jen enjoys speaking, training, and writing on all things that inspire and help leaders build a digital footprint and personal brand that is different and that helps them stand out and influence people in a crowded and noisy social media world. To learn more about Jen, go to: http://bit.ly/DrJenBennett
- Nova Southeastern UniversityCurriculum Development/Instructional Leadership, 2006 - 2013Doctorate in Instructional Leadership/Curriculum Development
- Southwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryChristian Education, 1998 - 2002Masters in Christian Education
- University of North FloridaCommunications, 1996 - 1998BA in Communications/Public Relations
- iBloomCommunication/Social Media Specialist and Project Manager, 2013 - presentI have the honor of being the Inspirational Communication Specialist and Project Manager at iBloom. My passion is in helping businesses, ministries and individuals, #BeWorthFollowing. I enjoy speaking, training, and writing on all things that inspire and help leaders build a digital footprint and personal brand that is different and that helps them stand out and influence people in a crowded and noisy social media world.
- Boom Social with Kim GarstSocial Media Account Executive, 2012 - 2013• Strategize, build, and maintain comprehensive social media platforms for a wide variety and sizes of companies • Lead a team of content writers, engagement specialists, graphic designers, growth experts, tech support and other niche specialists in working collaboratively on corporate accounts • Research client products and possible target market for their individual platforms • Create and manage advertising campaigns for clients • Create quarterly reports about client platform performance • Trained clients in strategy development, execution, and platform management • Met regularly with clients for one-on-one coaching • Developed overall strategies for client platform management • Increase platform likes followers, through strategic engagement • Strengthen the overall online presence of clients through platform development • Managed Boom Social platforms • Created and posted content for Boom Social platforms • Engaged with Boom Social friends and followers • Monitored Boom Social platforms • Create and implement overall client social media campaign
How To Build Links That Keep Your Site In Google's Good Graces
Pop quiz: What's the biggest challenge with getting your site ranked high in Google and making sure it stays there?
Greasing The Content Marketing Chute: Coming Up With A Plan Of Attack
When we talk about content marketing, it's usually in the context of producing certain types of content and promoting it. You need to create
10 Ways To Keep Up With Your Online Business When Life Gets Busy
Trying to keep up with your online business when life gets busy is like herding cats. You keep wishing they’d cooperate and do what you say
Moms in Business: How to Keep the Home in Your Home Business
Never before has it been so easy for a Mom to start a business at home. With a laptop and a good internet connection, the world is at your f
Are You Including Google+ In Your Content Marketing Strategy?
Now is the time to start building your presence on Google+. While everyone is wondering why Google doesn't stop pushing the Plus, you can ma
How To Grow Your Social Media Relationships with Storytelling
Storytelling...Tell the story of your brand -- how you began, about the struggles and triumphs you've had, and how they've affected what you
Business Networking With Social Media -- Add Twitter, Facebook and Insta...
Connecting and networking are easier than ever before. I'll go over a few of my favorites and how they can help you to expand your network a
9 Best Strategies for Google+ - Social Media & Corporate Branding St...
As of December 2012, Google+ has 500 million registered users, with about half of those users being active monthly. Still think Google+ is n
LinkedIn: Unlock Your Potential on the World's Largest Business Netw...
“It isn't just what you know, and it isn't just who you know. It's actually who you know, who knows you, and what you do for a living.” - Bo
Facebook & SEO: 5 Ways To Optimize Your Business Page
These five SEO tips to optimize a Facebook business page can help entrepreneurs maximize online marketing results.
5 Ways to Increase Engagement on Facebook Fan Pages
So, you’ve set up a Facebook fan page and are waiting… hoping for millions of fans, likes, and comments to suddenly appear. Wouldn’t that be