I REALLY disagree with this! Yes, it's ok to see what's working for other people in your niche, in your industry, but I REALLY believe that you have to develop your OWN VOICE!
If you just copy what other people in your niche are posting, then people are not getting to know the REAL you and quite honestly, you will not see the results that you were hoping for!
Friends, don't copy what works for someone else on Social Media! Find your voice! Find what's unique about YOU and then post that! #BeDifferent #BeWorthFollowing
1) There are MULTIPLE industry related books out there that you can read and that don't cost as much as attending a conference would. Get into the habit of reading.
2) Many times, the speakers at those conferences, have books, freebies or low cost items based on what they are speaking on. Get those!
3) 99% of these conferences utilize a hashtag. Follow the hashtag on social media. Get a variety of tips and such from people who are actively sharing what they are learning.
4) Many conference attendees will write a blog post about their biggest takeaways. Read those posts!
Don't despair when your budget will not allow you to attend the conferences that you long to attend! There are other ways to get the information that you are looking for!
Know what your priorities are. Know what your goals are. Don't fall prey to "what everyone else is doing." Do what's right for you, your business, your budget, your family!
#BusinessTip #Entrepreneur #SmallBusiness
✔ Wants a new career in social media
✔ Wants to upgrade their skills in social media
✔ Wants to rock their personal social media platforms in 2015
✔ Wants to handle social media for their employer
This could be the best present you give yourself this year!
PS: I've added an extra special bonus too for anyone that signs-up and pays in full by December 19th! Click below to get all the details! www.ibloom.co/sm
So with that said, here's a few "tips" when it comes to succeeding on social media:
* Stop obsessing over the numbers. Instead, focus on those who are already a part of your community and give them your absolute BEST!
* Stop obsessing over having a post go viral. That is what I call, "The Myth of Viral Marketing." Stop looking for that one post that will bring you thousands of likes, shares, and comments. Instead, look for ways to help and bring value. When you do that, numbers will come.
* Stop obsessing over what your competitors are doing. You do your own thing. You #BeDifferent. You #BeWorthFollowing. People will notice.
* Stop obsessing over perfection. Just do it. Just get that video out there. Just reach out to that person you have been meaning to contact. Just take that course. Just write that blog post. Stop waiting and just live your life!
The end. :-) #SocialMediaTip #SocialMediaTips
- iBloomSocial Media Specialist and Project Manager, 2013 - presentAs the Social Media Specialist for iBloom, I LOVE helping businesses, both large and small, with strategy, implementation and monitoring of their online presence. Social media provides business owners a unique opportunity to make a positive and personal impact on their audience! It is truly my joy and passion to help businesses utilize social media platforms in ways that will create an awareness of their business. Furthermore, I want businesses to see how social media can be an avenue where business owners can build relationships with clients that will turn a business into a life changing community! I also really enjoy bringing order out of chaos while implementing and sustaining the mission and goals of an organization. I love new projects and challenges and might be a bit OCD when it comes to doing everything with efficiency and promptness!
- Boom Social with Kim GarstSocial Media Account Executive, 2012 - 2013
As the Social Media Specialist for iBloom, my passion is to help businesses, both large and small, with strategy, implementation, monitoring and training of their online presence. I have been able to assist a variety of businesses in creating their brand awareness on one of the largest social media platforms. Additionally, I have had the opportunity to not only train and work with a recognized Forbes Top 20 Social Media Influencer, but I also had the opportunity to train and help a variety of business owners on a variety of social media topics including:
Social Media Content Management
Social Media Lead Generation
List Building Using Social Media
Social Media Strategy Development
As a former Senior Social Media Account Executive for a social media marketing firm, I had the opportunity to lead a team who worked collaboratively on a variety of corporate accounts. These accounts included:
* taking a client from the "concept" stage of development to a large interconnected social media platform. Within a 90-day social media growth campaign, I helped generate 17,000 new Facebook likes and 18,000 new Twitter followers.
* developing, building and managing a social media strategy for a business school whose social media platform was ranked as the 16th best across all accredited business schools (700+).
* developing from scratch the social media presence for a leading travel agency that has over 150 travel agents working in several offices across the southeast. I helped manage the content, growth, and engagement on Facebook and Twitter. The company now dominates most of the competition with 25,000 likes on Facebook and 16,000 followers on Twitter.
I am the author of: “My Soul Mission: A Step-by-Step Guide to Helping Students Discover Their Unique Soul Mission." I am also nearing completion of my Doctorate in Curriculum Development/Instructional Leadership.
Connect w/me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nova Southeastern UniversityCurriculum Development/Instructional Leadership, 2006 - 2013Doctorate in Instructional Leadership/Curriculum Development
- Southwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryChristian Education, 1998 - 2002Masters in Christian Education
- University of North FloridaCommunications, 1996 - 1998BA in Communications/Public Relations
How To Build Links That Keep Your Site In Google's Good Graces
Pop quiz: What's the biggest challenge with getting your site ranked high in Google and making sure it stays there?
Greasing The Content Marketing Chute: Coming Up With A Plan Of Attack
When we talk about content marketing, it's usually in the context of producing certain types of content and promoting it. You need to create
10 Ways To Keep Up With Your Online Business When Life Gets Busy
Trying to keep up with your online business when life gets busy is like herding cats. You keep wishing they’d cooperate and do what you say
Moms in Business: How to Keep the Home in Your Home Business
Never before has it been so easy for a Mom to start a business at home. With a laptop and a good internet connection, the world is at your f
Are You Including Google+ In Your Content Marketing Strategy?
Now is the time to start building your presence on Google+. While everyone is wondering why Google doesn't stop pushing the Plus, you can ma
How To Grow Your Social Media Relationships with Storytelling
Storytelling...Tell the story of your brand -- how you began, about the struggles and triumphs you've had, and how they've affected what you
Business Networking With Social Media -- Add Twitter, Facebook and Insta...
Connecting and networking are easier than ever before. I'll go over a few of my favorites and how they can help you to expand your network a
9 Best Strategies for Google+ - Social Media & Corporate Branding St...
As of December 2012, Google+ has 500 million registered users, with about half of those users being active monthly. Still think Google+ is n
LinkedIn: Unlock Your Potential on the World's Largest Business Netw...
“It isn't just what you know, and it isn't just who you know. It's actually who you know, who knows you, and what you do for a living.” - Bo
Facebook & SEO: 5 Ways To Optimize Your Business Page
These five SEO tips to optimize a Facebook business page can help entrepreneurs maximize online marketing results.
5 Ways to Increase Engagement on Facebook Fan Pages
So, you’ve set up a Facebook fan page and are waiting… hoping for millions of fans, likes, and comments to suddenly appear. Wouldn’t that be