Shared publicly  - 
Taxes are DONE. H&R Block or Liberty; what say you?
Melissa Beagle's profile photoLynoth Draconis's profile photoJenness AKA Dory Asby's profile photo
I would have in the past, but I do Passion Parties and I don't know what the hell to do with all the income/expense reports I had to do. I don't know what numbers to plug in where!
Ooo. Business taxes are a whole other kettle of fish. Sorry can't recommend one over the other. :0) Good luck!
An EA might be worth the $$ if it's even moderately complex. My brother has his own office, and has very little respect for most H&R Block offices b/c there's no consistency in experience and training.
This year it's only Passion Parties. Next year I'll have Passion Parties AND Thirty-one ANDANDAND my graphic design & photography. I got in just under the income requirement to have to declare my photography income in 2011 but I bet I go over in 2012.
An Enrolled Agent. Trained, with a degree, but not CPA level.

From the IRS website:

An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by either passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns, or through experience as a former IRS employee. They must adhere to ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years.

Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before. Learn more about enrolled agents in Treasury Department Circular 230 (PDF).
Wow! Thanks, Lynoth! I learned something new today! Would I search for an enrolled agent just like I would an accountant?
npnp :) I get great pleasure from your posts and pics, it's nice to give a little back.
Add a comment...