Surnames I Seek This is my cousin bait post. To all of my unknown cousins with any of the surnames I have unearthed in my family tree, this is my plea to you. Contact me! Comment on this post, connect with me on any of my social media channels (listed o...
But I can't make people answer me.
There are now more than 2 million groups on LinkedIn, but the quality just isn’t there, as most group owners would agree.
Thus, LinkedIn Groups has been reimagined from the ground up and a standalone iOS app launched in an effort to make LinkedIn Groups valuable once again for the more than 380 million registered users.
Here's the Skinny on the changes to Groups features:
♨ Standard and Unlisted Groups
- Now, all groups are either Standard or Unlisted.
- Unlisted Groups don't show up in search results and only the group's owner and manager can invite members to the group.
- Standard Groups do show up in search results and any member can invite any of their 1st degree connections to join.
- If your group currently has public conversations or is free to join, it'll become a Standard Group.
♨ All Groups Are Now Private Groups
- Conversations in groups won't be visible until you've joined the group.
♨ All Groups Are Now Members-Only Groups
- Joining a LinkedIn group now requires either an invitation or approval of your request.
♨ Content Moderation
- To ensure groups are effective as timely conversation forums, conversations will now be posted instantly to a group without the need for manager approval.
- Group owners, managers, and moderators can still remove off-topic conversations and place members in moderation.
- Other group members can also flag inappropriate comments and conversations after they've been posted.
♨ Removal of Promotions Tab
Any new promotional posts will go to the moderation queue for the owners, managers, and moderators to approve.
♨ Removal of Subgroups
- If you're the owner of a parent group with subgroups, you may wish to rename your subgroups. Try including links to these subgroups in the About page of the parent group to maintain the hierarchical structure.
- The About page is populated from the Group Information page, found under the Manage tab. You can enter your related groups in the Description section on the Group Information page.
♨ LinkedIn Groups iOS Mobile App
You can follow conversations on the go with the new Groups mobile app for iOS. You can receive push notifications for conversations in your groups so you stay updated on what's happening in your community.
Note: The mobile app is currently only available on iOS, but an Android version will also be available soon.
♨ Posting Images in Conversations
You can now make conversations as engaging as possible by posting images to any new conversations.
When you start a conversation, you can click the Image icon in the lower left corner of the conversation window to upload your image.
Note: Currently, you can't post images in comment replies to a conversation.
♨ Member Approval in Standard Groups
When a member requests to join a Standard Group, their connections in the group can approve the request. Group owners and managers can also approve any request to join.
♨ Mentions in Group Conversations
You can now reference other group members and bring them into a conversation by typing "@" followed by the group member's name.
♨ Groups Highlights and Email Digests
You'll now get a digest of the most popular and recent conversations to cut down on emails from your groups and help you follow the most interesting conversations.
You'll also find your personal Highlights page within LinkedIn Groups. Highlights are a snapshot of the most important conversations happening from all the groups you've joined.
More on the features: http://tgcafe.it/1Z7X8Q9
More marketing news: http://tgcafe.it/your-marketing-news
- National Operations Manager, present
- Avila UniversityBS Business Administration Cum Laude
October 3, 2015 - 31 Days to Better Genealogy - Day 3
31 Days to Better Genealogy - Day 3 Day 3 - Review the Census Your To-Do Take a look at the censuses you have for the ancestors you're worki
How to Meet the Demand for Freelance Social Media Managers
While social media may seem like all fun and games, doing it well takes more time than most businesses are willing to devote. Even businesse
How to Find Popular Hashtags on Twitter | Sprout Social
Once you know exactly what hashtags are, the next challenge is to find the best and most popular trending Twitter hashtags to incorporate in
Societies, Libraries, Archives, Genealogy Vendors Needed for PBS' Geneal...
This just in from PBS' Genealogy Roadshow, Season 3: SEASON 3 OF GENEALOGY ROADSHOW WILL BE TRAVELING TO THE FOLLOWING CITIES: Boston MA, Pr
Top 4 Reasons To Attend MoSGA's Annual Conference 2015 Roundup
I hope to see many of you this weekend in Columbia, Missouri. The 35th Annual Missouri State Genealogical Association's Conference is sure t
Marian's Roots and Rambles: FREE Access to Great Migration Databases for...
Hopefully everyone will be getting at least one day off during the 4th of July holiday weekend. If you get the full week, all the better for